“Magical location, outstanding attention to...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Shepherd's Delight

Himalayan balsam keeps the bees busy in the summer. Bluebells in May.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Himalayan balsam keeps the bees busy in the summer.
Bluebells in May.
Cosy even in the snow.
The entrance to your own woodland.
The outdoor wood burning hot tub an amazing experience any time of year.
Cosy wood burner keeps you warm in the winter.
Our friendly alpacas just after being shawn.
Our 5 acre field.
The alpacas at sunrise in the autumn.
Luxurious bedlinen and an alpaca fleece duvet-a good night's sleep is imperative.
The composting toilet and washstand.
Try the unique experience of the steaming outdoor shower or use the guests only shower in our home.
Shepherd's Delight.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Fiona S
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Magical location, outstanding attention to detail, wonderfully relaxing experience!”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

There are not enough superlatives to describe how idyllic this shepherds hut is. I booked a 2 night stay for my husbands birthday and for a chance to just get away from it all and the standard of accommodation and attention to detail exceeded all my expectations and my husband was blown away by the surprise.

Shepherds Delight is the most luxurious "camping" like experience; comfy double bed, luxurious shepherds hut, hot tub, secluded location, picturesque scenery and a pet pheasant to boot!

We most enjoyed how private the hut and facilities were, me and my husband felt a million miles away from the world in our own little Eden. My husband loved the hot tub and we would recommended that you give it a try at least one night, sitting back and watching the bats fly between the trees was truly magical. I especially enjoyed exploring the various bits and bobs located in and around the hut, literally everything you could ever need Jo had thought of (from plasters to reading glasses honestly!) I was so upset that I only discovered the old record player and records under the bed on the morning I was leaving, I'm looking forward to our next visit so I can give it a whirl!

I am out of words to describe how fantastic our stay was, Jo your attention to detail was much appreciated and we wanted for nothing not even a book light!

Can't wait to see the Alpacas again soon!

Fiona & Kris

Sez2009Le...
Leeds
“A truly magical place.”
Reviewed 28 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I can't praise this place high enough, it's just lovely. The setting is beautiful and totally secluded. We shut ourselves off from the world for two days and completely relaxed. Every little detail has been thought of and the finishing touches in the hut such as the breakfast packages are just perfect. We can't wait to go back.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Kate M
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“One complaint - nothing to complain about”
Reviewed 12 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We came for our mini-moon, and we did not want to leave. Beautiful area, beautiful hut. Jo's thoughtful attention to detail will astound you all the way, just perfect, PERFECT.
Sitting I the hot tub and enjoying the wildlife is magical, the bbq was great, as was the outdoor shower, even the loo was an exciting trip! All you need it clothes, and some sausages/burgers and you're set for gorgeous romantic retreat! Can we come again?

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Jo was extremily helpful, and has put a lot of work into making it homely.
Liked least: It's too far away for us tovisit again for a while!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
wirelessk...
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“11 out of 10, astounding place, then Jo makes it 11!”
Reviewed 10 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

What a treat, a real proper treat, do not underestimate how the incredible attention to detail (provided by Jo) will lure you in and make going home again a bit miserable!

No bourgeois nonsense here, if you want that stick to the normal Hotel/B&B scene. At Shepherds Delight you will find everything you need, all thats required is a sense of adventure and a willingness to immerse yourself in the wonders on offer. Sound wild? it is!

Could go on all day about the place. I can't wait to go back. Thank you Jo, you've created something quite special.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Reviewed 2 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing