“Wonderful Hotel for a Wonderful City”

NH Puebla Centro Historico
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This was my first time staying at the NH Hotel in Puebla. Due to reasons that will remain undisclosed I decided to book with NH since I had already booked for a later date at NH in Mexico City during my vacation. I arrived at the hotel sometime after 3:30 in the afternoon but was told I had to wait until 4 since no room was yet available. Understandable. Once front desk came to look for me to hand over the room card -yes they came looking for me and that was such a nice touch- I was given room 402.

ROOM 402:

Very large room. Spacious. A king-seized bed but I believe that 2 smaller mattresses were squeezed together or maybe that's just how the base make it look like -the bed was GREAT-. One large window, one lounge chair with foot rest, etc.

The bathroom was also spacious but the design of the tub/shower was odd, not necessarily a negative. What I did notice was the absence of small hand towels, the kind you can use in the shower to wipe yourself down. A few other negatives about the bathroom are that 1) a light fixture above the sink was semi-popped out and 2) the water would seep or find its way out of the tub at times after a shower.

Overall I was very happy with booking at this location since it was my first but certainly not my last time staying here. The room was adequate enough for a single person or a couple. The gym was a bit small but the fact that it's a HOTEL meant less people in the gym area. Staff were all polite, helpful and very accommodating. This hotel, as many reviews will state, is close to the Cathedral but its right across from a smaller church in case you're looking for immediate redemption of some kind. Its central location is great. Make sure you make the most sightseeing if you're not a Poblano such as myself.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th Floor may be a great choice.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Karen Perea G, Director de Recepción at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Alex V,

It´s a pleasure to greet your and also I would like to thank you for the review about your recent experience at our hotel. The feedback from our guest is really important to us, because it helps us to detect the improvements needed in each of our different areas.

We are happy to know your stay was pleasant and we will be glad to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for NH Puebla Centro Historico

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I like this location do to its close proximity to downtown Puebla. NH Hotel provided great service during breakfast and in general for the complete stay.
I will recommend others to stay at this hotel for future stays.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear 871maytel ,

I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at the our hotel, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service but also a memorable experience, I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Puebla Centro Historico in the near future.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Modern hotel just 2 blocks from the Zocalo! All of the attractions in the centro historico are within walking distance, the location is truly perfect. The customer service was great. I was warmly welcomed at check-in and greeted by the staff every time they saw me during my 3 night stay. My standard room with a king sized bed was perfect! It was on the 4th floor and had a great view of the Iglesia de San Agustin. I did not find the noise to be a problem. Puebla is a city and cities have noise, but nothing bothersome at all. The room was nicely decorated with hardwood floors, was comfortable, had a great bed, and had plenty of room. I did not eat breakfast there but it smelled delicious.

This was my first time visiting Puebla and my first time staying at a NH hotel. I had a great experience and found it to be a great value with a perfect location.The staff was great. The girl who assisted me at check in (I forgot her name) was wonderful. She gave me a map of the city and was a great help after a stressful trip from the airport. All the staff greeted me warmly at all hours of the day or night. I highly recommend NH Puebla Centro Historico. I found the modern decor a nice contrast to the historic buildings of the city. I'd stay here again when visiting Puebla.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Karen Perea G, Director de Recepción at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Dear Matt P,

It´s a pleasure to greet you and also to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at our hotel, we welcome your feedback and also we are really happy to know your stay was wonderful.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest. And for us to know that we achieve that with our guest is a motivation to become a better company every day.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

The hotel is close to the historical city centre. The beds were superb. The only thing which needed some improvement was the roomservice. However, we didn't speak that well Spanish and the waiter did not understood English. Nevertheless, the people were very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Karen Perea G, Director de Recepción at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Dear Bob V

I would like to thank you for share review about your recent experience at NH Puebla Centro Historico hotel.

I am very happy that we were able to give you a pleasant stay. We are sorry about the inconvenient with the roomservice, we are going to work for improve that area.

Have a nice day!!!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Very good hotel with just a few little things to improve!
Superb staff, welcoming and eager to make your stay enjoyable: I have allergies and I like a bright, comfortable and very quiet room. Martha let me explore the hotel until I found the perfect one (room 336).
Room is spacious, lovely, worthy of NH Collection, with very comfortable firm beds, lovely linens, large modern bath, sound proof windows, Nespresso coffee maker, free water every day, great Wifi, etc
Location is perfect
There is a small but quite adequate pool with lounge chairs on the roof, a lovely gym and a vast business center.
Room service is quite good, and the restaurant has great international food. The buffet breakfast is outstanding as usual in NH hotels: great freshly squeezed juices ( guava, vegetables green juice, etc, etc), great omelet and fajitas station, salads, 2 meat dishes, 1 fish dish, cakes, creme brulee, fruit, and all the usual stuff. Would make an ogre happy!
The only thing I found really annoying were the bright little lights from the fire detection system on the ceiling flashing every 20 seconds. I am still staying at the hotel and will call maintenance to see if they can cover it up for me.
The smell of the cleaning products was also unpleasant to me, but it subsided after airing the room.
All in all, this hotel is a great find, very well managed and a good deal!
Thank you every one!

Room Tip: Room 336 great. faint humming noise from the a/c system. Make them cover the flashing lights over t...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen Perea G, Director de Recepción at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear ginsengNewYork ,

We would like to thank you for share the review about your recent stay in our hotel, your feed back is really important to us, it's so motivating to know our guest's came back home happy.

Be sure that your congratulations will be shared to our partner Martha, my team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Puebla Centro Historico in the near future.