“great price, 2 blocks from central plaza, clean and modern”

NH Puebla Centro Historico
Ranked #11 of 106 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed 19 November 2017

The location is great, you can walk to the center and most of the attractions. It's a business hotel, clean, modern but has lots of tourists as well. Large rooms and bathrooms. Don't buy the breakfast buffet, it's okay but way overpriced.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Alejandro Silv... B, Gerente at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Guest!!!

It´s a pleasure to greet you and thank you for taking your time and share your comments about your recent stay.

It is satisfactory to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and also that you felt comfortable and warm.

We are very pleased that you also enjoyed to visit our beautiful City.

It will be a pleasure receive you again at this your home in Puebla
Best Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 3 November 2017

A modern hotel in the historic centre of Puebla , a great place to explore the heart of the city. The room was very comfortable , clean , great shower. The breakfast was good. The service was good , reception helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Alejandro Silv... B, Director General at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Mr. Peter L!!!

We are very pleased that you also enjoyed to visit our beautiful City.

It will be a pleasure receive you again at this your home in Puebla

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We'd stayed in an NH before in Guadalahara so had high expectation in Puebla. Yet, from check in, we were disappointed. First, they sent us to a room that was not ready for check in. Our key opened a door to a room full of beer bottles and trash. The ladies outside claimed they were about to clean it but we asked why they had not done so by 3pm? They put our luggage in the room next door and asked us to stay there but that was not a good option as the room differed immensely. At breakfast and overall, the staff was very unfriendly and we had to ask for everything. The building was old and just not what we had expected. We would not stay here again. Good location and good breakfast, but that's about it.

Room Tip: Our room faced the church across the street and was pleasant....except for the church bells sounding...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Alejandro Silv... B, Director General at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Mr Jose G!!!

It´s a pleasure to greet you and thank you for take your time and share your comments about you recent stay with us, this kind of feedback help us to detect our areas of ​​opportunity to work on it and have constant improvements.

We apologize as this time we did not meet your expectations, unfortunately NH Guadalajara is a different category than we are, however the services offered must be of the same quality for each of our guests.

We regret that we have provided a room that was not yet available for use, we will work on it to avoid such confusion when our guests make the check in.

About the general attitude of the staff, believe me that we will work to provide the service that each of us deserve, because for NH hotel Group the most important thing is the quality, comfort and good service that we offer.

Sincerely We reiterate our apologies and look forward to giving us a second chance to show our improvements.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Beautiful clean room & bathroom. Nice comfy bed. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The food in the restaurant is a little bit pricey, but delicious. The hotel is located two blocks from the Zocalo Park which is next to the Cathedral, and lots of little shops around them. There are tourists buses $70-80 a ride, only can get out in two stops for about 10-15 min each stop to take pictures then back again in the bus. The most I enjoyed was the Mexican Baroque & Renaissance architectures, they are beautiful if will remind you of Spain or Italy (if you've been there).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Alejandro Silv... B, Director General at NH Puebla Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Mrs. Lorenf9!!

It´s a pleasure to greet you and thank you also for taking your time and share your comments about you recent stay with us.

We are so glad to know that your stay with us was pleasant and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and also in our beautiful city.

We hope that you could visit again here at your home in Puebla.
Have an excellent day

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I stayed in the NH Puebla Centro Historico for 3 nights. I had a very nice room (a "superior double") on the fourth floor with a beautiful view of the church across the street. The room was fairly large, with a sofa as well as a huge bed, desk, closet and refrigerator stocked with drinks.

But generally the service was not up to par for a hotel in a tourist district at this price point.

When I asked for information on arranging a tour to Cholula, I was told that the only person in the hotel who could help me was "busy" and would not be available for at least 30 minutes. I was referred to the tourist office in the town square (to be fair, an employee offered to take me there.) But why do people stay in hotels instead of renting through Airbnb? For help with things like tours, directions and the like, among other reasons.

A couple of times I was given directions that were plainly wrong or confusing. This may have been due to the language barrier -- I dealt with several people who were only minimally proficient in English. It was clear that they were not understanding me when their answers were non-responsive to my questions, even after multiple attempts to clarify myself. To be fair, the employees' English in most cases was better than my Spanish, but I don't work in a tourist hotel.

I arrived to check in extremely thirsty from my trip. I asked the desk clerk who checked me in if there were drinks in the room. He said, "of course." But when I got to the room, I found the refrigerator locked. I had to call the front desk and wait for a key to be brought to my room. Why didn't the clerk handle this when I inquired about drinks in my room?

The room was still dusty after it had been cleaned. The hairdryer in the bathroom didn't work. The refrigerator was not replenished the entire time I was there. There were dark caulk stains in the bathtub. The tiny, 1-inch square bars of soap were not replaced until they were nearly transparent (and then I was given only one new "bar") The coffee served at breakfast was not hot.

These may sound like minor things, but this is a fairly expensive hotel for the area, part of an international chain. People pay a premium to stay in places like this for comfort and convenience. I've stayed in many similar hotels around the world, and this one is not up to snuff.

Maybe I would have similar problems in other local hotels at a similar price point -- I have no way of knowing that.

If all you want is a nice, reasonably clean and comfortable room in the Centro HIstorico, then by all means stay here if the price is right. If you want a full-service hotel, try somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo