“Very quiet accomodation at good value with good generous portioned food”
Review of The Fox Inn

The Fox Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Matching Tye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Stayed here overnight.
Staff welcoming
Ate light lunch as we'd been warned portion sizes were generous and the quality food didn't disappoint.

Booked disabled room with wetroom.which had good access, wheelchair turning circles etc.
Good shower with extra grab rails - impressive for a non-chain inn.
Could have done with some bedside lights but that's my only gripe

Room Tip: Only one disabled room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The title says it all....
We went there last night and had a great meal.
Proper pub grub with very large portions. We couldn't fault anything. The staff were really friendly, but we did do our best to confuse the waitress. We ended up with the wrong pudding but we ate it anyway and it was marvelous.
The ghost ship beer was on top form and the whole evening was great value for money.
We would definitely go again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Worth going just a little way off the beaten track to find this hospitable inn (pub & hotel) in a pretty little hamlet in rural Essex. We just came for lunch and it was excellent. I had a guest beer to start (Adnam's Ghost Ship) and my partner had a cider - both excellent. As was lunch - both plentiful and very good quality. I had steak & ale pie and the beef was tender & succulent; plenty of vegetables with it too. My partner had Thai green curry and said it was delicious. Desserts are free for senior citizens but the landlady was offering free dessert for everyone when we were there. The staff are very friendly & attentive, the décor was charming and the toilets were spotless, clean & fresh-smelling. In fact it was excellent all round - especially the prices!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pd7
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I travel a great deal for business and try to avoid the large brands as they are sterile and offer nothing different. I stayed at The Fox Inn on 24th May and it was great. From the minute I stepped into the pub I was greeted with a warm welcome and shown to my accommodation. The room for the money spent was great, the food was traditional home made pub food (Fantastic) and the garden on the sunny evening I attended was quite and well maintained. Great little village with a proper non franchised pub.
Summed up I will definitely stay here again when in the area.
Well done

Room Tip: If in the Harlow area or travelling from Stansted, stay here its much better than the high street br...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We hadn't visited for some time due to being out of the area and time constraints but nothing has changed. Still exceptional service great wine and ales and lovely food. Would always recommend. Go for it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Been to The Fox Inn? Share your experiences!