The Fox Inn
Down Hall Hotel & Spa(Hatfield Heath)
US$112
US$58
Hunters Meet Hotel(Hatfield Heath)
US$72
US$61
PremierInn.com
US$54
Little Hallingbury Mill(Little Hallingbury)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
US$65
Travelodge Harlow Hotel(Harlow)(Great Value!)
US$43
Travelodge
US$68
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

US$133
All reviewsthe pubcontinental breakfastrooms are modernpurpose builtrange of beersorange juiceminute drivecomfortable bedpuddingtwin roomshort staystayed for one nighthome stylegreat mealghost shipchicken piefridge
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night in a twin room with my sister. We did not want to pay extra for breakfast and just had what was included. Although there were two packets of cereal we only had one muffin, one orange juice, one bottle of water and one packet of biscuits. Not good!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pat a
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi,
Apologies, it sounds as though your room was only set up for single occupancy, clearly we don't expect two people to share one muffin a pack of biscuits and an orange juice! Wish you would have popped in to ask for some more provisions as would have happily rectified this for you immediately!!
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, I'll make sure rooms are triple checked in future!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Stayed here overnight.
Staff welcoming
Ate light lunch as we'd been warned portion sizes were generous and the quality food didn't disappoint.

Booked disabled room with wetroom.which had good access, wheelchair turning circles etc.
Good shower with extra grab rails - impressive for a non-chain inn.
Could have done with some bedside lights but that's my only gripe

Room Tip: Only one disabled room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The title says it all....
We went there last night and had a great meal.
Proper pub grub with very large portions. We couldn't fault anything. The staff were really friendly, but we did do our best to confuse the waitress. We ended up with the wrong pudding but we ate it anyway and it was marvelous.
The ghost ship beer was on top form and the whole evening was great value for money.
We would definitely go again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Worth going just a little way off the beaten track to find this hospitable inn (pub & hotel) in a pretty little hamlet in rural Essex. We just came for lunch and it was excellent. I had a guest beer to start (Adnam's Ghost Ship) and my partner had a cider - both excellent. As was lunch - both plentiful and very good quality. I had steak & ale pie and the beef was tender & succulent; plenty of vegetables with it too. My partner had Thai green curry and said it was delicious. Desserts are free for senior citizens but the landlady was offering free dessert for everyone when we were there. The staff are very friendly & attentive, the décor was charming and the toilets were spotless, clean & fresh-smelling. In fact it was excellent all round - especially the prices!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pd7
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I travel a great deal for business and try to avoid the large brands as they are sterile and offer nothing different. I stayed at The Fox Inn on 24th May and it was great. From the minute I stepped into the pub I was greeted with a warm welcome and shown to my accommodation. The room for the money spent was great, the food was traditional home made pub food (Fantastic) and the garden on the sunny evening I attended was quite and well maintained. Great little village with a proper non franchised pub.
Summed up I will definitely stay here again when in the area.
Well done

Room Tip: If in the Harlow area or travelling from Stansted, stay here its much better than the high street brands.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business