Review Highlights

Average all round

Reviewed 23 February 2019
Diomedia
London

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2019

Having read a previous rating my level of expectation was quite low as to the accommodations. Was the room and bathroom spotlessly clean--no, but it was certainly acceptable. Although I did not see mosquitos in the room appropriate netting was provided. Although not as powerful as some the aircon did work and the fan worked quite well. Food at restaurant was decent. Only spent one night and one excellent morning of birding in the park.

Date of experience: March 2019
3  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 24 February 2019

The Park is interesting, though we did not visit the activities offered but used our own initiative. We stayed in their accommodatio and, as expected, it was pretty basic. The room was large with two single beds, tea/coffee facilities and a large, free-standing, multi-purpose wardrobe. The beds had a mattress cover and fleecy, clean?, blanket but no sheets. The bathroom was a reasonable size but with a basin, loo and open shower, the whole place became wet and it was not very clean. A large plastic bowl was provided to stand in! The aircon did not work. Food was poor. Fortunately we were only there over night.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I just went for the day from Buon Ma Thuot by public bus nbr 15 (bus stop Lé Hong Phong # Quang Trung (the bus doesn't stop anymore at Đ Ly Thuong Kiet). Bus every 30 minutes until 4 pm (20'000 vnd), one hour trip. I paid the "environment" ticket (60'000 vnd), rented a bicycle for 100'000 vnd and went to the Buddha rapids, 8 kms away. The forest was very dry and seemed to have been under fire recently, there were still two trunks burning. If you prefer to walk there is barely any shadow. The rapids were nice with very interesting rocky formations from volcanic origin. The park only had 6 or 7 bicycles.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank 42Manuela
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I went to the park by myself, without having done any reservation for accomodation or tours. Arrived there at 9.30 am, had a nice welcome (dog included) and good information about possible tours and accomodation. Got a room, a warm shower, went to a grocery store to buy lunch and started a 5 hours cycling tour in the park with a good guide. Than 35 min break (for shower....) and than we continued to the house of a nearby local family where I could see how they cook there and where we had later dinner with the family. It was nice, even if no communication in English with none of the younger and older family members. At 6 am, next morning, started the elephant care program I booked. A ranger and me walked in the park until he found his elephant. We went back to the headquarter, elephant, ranger and me and gave him a bath and cleaning in the river. I liked all besides the chains on the feet of the four elephants and the metal cages they carry when tourists want to ride them. Xin cam on and all the best to the park, its guides, ranchers, elephants and dog!

Date of experience: June 2017
6  Thank Stephanie K
Reviewed 24 January 2017

We went there at the end of December and booked the entire programm. We went to cook with ethnic minorities which was very interesting and good fun. Even if the guide left us alone with the women to whom we couldn't talk.
The next day we booked 'Learning to be an elephant carer', which was interesting and nice. But the highlight for was to go on a trecking tour and stay over night in a so called 'Ranger Camp' in the dschungle. What a disappointment; We walked for 3 hours in circles around the forest. For lunch, the guide served us white bread, which processed cheeds and sausages in plastic. How can they call themself eco-tourism, if even the guides who work for the national park, don't do anything for the environement. When we arrived at the Ranger camp, everybody was watching TV. The area was not remote, we were not in the dschungle and there was no way that I was camping there in the middle of a lot of garbage. We stayed there about 20 minutes and I told the guide that I wanted to go back. The way back was only taking 1 hour, because we took a straight road that was being build. On the way back I started to pick up all the garbage on the way. If you want to see nature, away from civilization, don't go there.

Date of experience: December 2016