IN GENERAL: Very good impression - building itself, his agora, glass elevator, gardens...plus music live on the site, drinks in a glass instead of plastic - services everywhere you go...a lot of things gives a special touch. I give a 4*
RECEPTION: Cold - no smiling, no special attention. We wait for our room over one hour to discover by ourself that our room was ready. So a little 3*
ROOMS: Nothing flashy, classic, confortable, little balcony, safe in the room, fridge. 3.5*
FOOD: In general, I will say above the average. BREAKFAST: Regular stuff plus a little pinch of extras as smoked salmon, sparkling wine...Coffee could have been stronger according to my taste. LUNCH: Great choices - 1 buffet and 1 restaurant. Like in every buffet, some choices are better than others; but in general I would say it was a pleasure to have lunch there. SUPPER: For the buffet, I would say it's the less interesting meal of the day. Vegetables choices are very limited and it doesn't have some wow to offer. For "Restaurant a la carte" I would say best place to be for the supper. Was there twice and I don't konw if we were lucky but everything we had was simply delicious. Some plates were 5* category.
So, in general for food I will give a good 4*
DRINKS: Uneven - sometimes perfect, sometimes just OK and that for the same drink. In general, it's not cheap alcool they put in.. 3.5*
BEACH/POOLS: I was most of the time at the beach. Chairs can be more confortable and flexible. I will say in general it gives what we expect for that kind of hotel. 3.5*
SHOWS: Even, if it's not my cup of tea. I would say definitely better than what I saw in other resorts. Professionnal musicians and singers live. For that kind of shows....4.5*
SERVICE: Just in the average. Some staff were smiling and gives you special attention. But most of them were just doing their job 3*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort