Three trips to Ixtapa and the Barcelo and my 4th trip is already scheduled. The staff are very nice and helpful - if needed. The food was great at all four restaurants and there was always a good selection.
The rooms are very clean and maintained. The suites are huge and well equipped. The smaller rooms are also very nice. Almost all the rooms have ocean view with a balcony overlooking the beach and pools.
The pools were very clean and the Swim-up bar was awesome. After a couple of trips to the bar the bartenders started to recognize you and had your drink half made by the time you got there. There are also plenty of "runner's" bringing drinks and snacks and often had your next drink there before you finished the first one.
The beach is very clean and I'd guess that there is atleast a mile of it right in from of the resort. There are plenty of lawn chairs available on the beach. The water is clean (unlike Peurto Vallarta) and warm. The waves are mild - good for boardless body surfing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort