Barcelo Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
US$197
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Free Breakfast
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$105
Bookit.com
US$252
Hotels.com
US$389
US$300
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$179
Bookit.com
Hotel Fontan Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$165
US$157
  • Pool
Posada Real Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$97
  • Pool
US$168
All reviewsoyster bareco gymwater wingsplaya lindaupper poollobby barwaterpark areakids clubrifle shootingitalian buffetdark sandgold flecksa la carte restaurantscrocodile sanctuarywater taxiseafoodkayak tour
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The beach of the hotel is not the typical Caribbean blue ocean but it is clean and a delight. The water is warm and if you go very early in the morning when the sun is raising around 7:00 am the water is super calm and transparent so you can see fish everywhere. in the afternoon the dark of the sand doesn't allow this same effect but the beach is super calm and like a big warm pool. No rocks and fine sand.The food in the restaurants are good. I read the other reviews in where they say that ..."food and beach is to be desired" and I was like ...... ???? . There is plenty of fruit and vegetables in the buffet. Also different dishes that always go from seafood, beef and chicken. I really mean it. I have gone to different hotels in the USA and for the price of $54 USD a day you dont get breakfast, dinner and lunch with variety of tropical fruits, coffee, soda and juices. I really dont understand the other reviews. In the US for 54.00 dollars at least in Boston you get one median scale dinner buffet and it doesnt have the variety of fruits and veggies that you could get in the resort. The SPA is super affordable too. I recommend it . Things to improve: Seriously the beds. The one I had was old and I could felt like they had been used a lot. A renovation her is urgent. i was in room 2109 and the beds all were terrible. Also in the bathrooms I think they need to be installed the mechanism that takes the odors and steam away. Apart from those 2 items I think everything was perfect. Ah... dont forget your mosquito repellent because I got a few bites (6 only) in my legs.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and they seem to all have views to the ocean. Some have balconies are others dont.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank gprie2
Consuelo_calidad, General Manager at Azul Ixtapa Beach Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear client:

Thank you for having taken your to provide us with your comments about the service provided during your stay.
We will follow up on the observations mentioned.
We hope that in a near future you will consider giving us the opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve.

Cordially – The General Directorate

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Hotel is nice and views are amazing but food and beach is to be desired. We had a top floor ocean view and had some of the best sunsets we've ever seen. Accommodations are wonderful (8/10). Food unfortunately in this resort is to be desired (5/10). Sadly we left a camera in the dining room by mistake and it was taken and ever found.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Dear client:

We will follow up on the observations mentioned.

Cordially – The General Directorate

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed here last January and I'm just getting around to writing the review now. We had a great stay at the Azul Beach Resort with my wife and two kids (9 & 7). They have a fantastic kids club and plenty of activities for the kids to enjoy and to give mom and dad some alone time lol. The area is beautiful and weather was amazing. The food at the buffets I would say was only average and was fairly repetitive but we never went hungry and the kids always found something they liked. El a Cartes were much better and we really enjoyed the steakhouse and the seafood place that was down the boardwalk and overlooking the ocean (beautiful, romantic setting). If my wife and I were to go again without kids, we would definitely stay at the Azul Grand which is right next door and much more luxurious and couples friendly but the beach resort was amazing for our family. Ixtapa Island is directly across from the resort and a short water taxi ride away at 40 pesos round trip. It is amazing and very much worth the trip to spend a day. All rooms are oceanview as well which was an added bonus! Although ours did not have a balcony which was unexpected but the window was actually a sliding patio door and opened very wide with a railing to make it feel like a balcony so we were happy with that.....amazing views and sunsets!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanview but some don't have balconies, although the window opens like a balcony and makes it feel like one.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank Tona8181

Dear Guest:
It is a pleasure to express our gratitude for your kindly preference, especially for the valuable time that you took to let us know your impressions concerning the facilities and service provided during your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments that give us the opportunity to know our guest’s valuable opinion since this is the key to our success.

We remain our gratefulness for your comments and look forward for the opportunity to welcome you again in the nearest future.

Cordially,

Managing Director

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This is a hotel that I would never ever have booked on my own accord, but was put there while working on a 3 day congress. It’s a large property with the Azul on one side, the convention center in the middle, and the more luxurious Grand on the other side.
The Azul is an all-inclusive family oriented hotel which is often not equivalent to either quality or service.
I arrived very early and very tired and was offered coffee while my check in was sorted out by friendly staff. My room on the top floor with a spectacular view, was fairly utilitarian, but large and airy with plenty of storage space, an increasingly frequent rarity these days. The king size bed was very comfortable, the a/c nice and cold and the water pressure pretty good.
The Italian buffet looked nice, the other buffet seems to have a different theme every day and both TexMex, Mexican and breakfast were pretty good, with something for everybody, lots of salad and fresh fruit, and more friendly and attentive staff.
There are all sorts of activities for adults and children and everybody looked very happy and I think this would be a very good place to come with kids of any age. The hotel is a long way from anywhere but there is a reasonably priced mini-supermarket and several other little stores selling whatever you might need and can’t be bothered to go out and get.
Everywhere is impeccably clean, and the grounds are very well maintained and busy people are to be seen everywhere. Little details were provided that you would expect from somewhere much smarter, and all in all this is an extremely well-managed hotel in which I would be very happy to stay again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank archibalda
Consuelo_calidad, General Manager at Azul Ixtapa Beach Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear client:

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your comments about the service provided during your stay.

Were happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and thank you for choosing Azul Ixtapa Hotels as your vacation home!
We hope to see you again in a near future.

Cordially –Azul Ixtapa Hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Very happy with this holiday. Food was good, location good. Beach wasn't great, didn't spend a lot of time there. Front desk was very accommodating. We booked 2 separate rooms, it was cheaper than 1 room for 4 of us. They put us in an adjoining room. Was fantastic. One of the best holidays we've been on.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Kfmilburn
Consuelo_calidad, General Manager at Azul Ixtapa Beach Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Guest: