Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$223
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$172
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$172
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$203
  • Breakfast included
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$95
Aventuras Club(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$121
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$140
Priceline
US$336
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Orbitz.com
11,626 results
All reviewssun barrock royaltyzen restaurantrock spasuper mariovacation plannerssky terraceheaven poolresort creditle petit cochonrock starmonkey tourheaven sectionriviera mayalos gallospublic relationsfoam party
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Amazing experience at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya, first time traveling to Mexico with two young girls ages 13 and 15 I was unsure what to expect. From the moment you arrive from the airport they greet you with cold towel to cool you face and hands. You check in and the staff is extermely friendly and detailed with instructions of the daily activities for all ages during your stay. The rooms were very clean and large we had a ground floor room with views to the pool. This was great since that was where we had plans to spend most of our time. The weather was perfect and the resort grounds was amazing oversized pool with a slide, great DJ playing up beat music, the food was amazing from start to finish The Market was our choice for lunch because it offers fresh sushi and hot food from the grill, the staff was always available asking if you need anything, the night shows were also great The Michael Jackson is one the I recommend watching. One last note I had read many reviews about the safety issues in Mexico but I can honestly say that the Hard Rock the security team was excellent I had booked two different tours outside the resort when leaving they check you out with detailed information including the drivers name and company and your destination and when you return that same questions to confirm your return, for my family and me that was a great ressurance that we would be safe and enjoy our vacation. Overall I would definitely return for a second time: was very impressed

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room with pool views in advance
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cristina M
Jan_Hundrieser, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello Cristina M,

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are pleased to know we fulfilled our goal of giving you the Rock Star experience. It is gratifying to receive such comments as a vote of satisfaction, I am thrilled to read your kind words about our food offer and entertainment, but specially your remarks on service quality; it makes all our band members continue doing their best every single day! we are working hard to meet our high standards in quality and we feel really happy and proud to see that we are reaching with the epic service that makes us stand out.

Hope you choose us again as your traveling destination to keep on the good times and memories full of ROCK!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Just returned home from a great vacation at HR Riviera Maya.

Here are the highlights:

Super clean - I had read reviews on other properties that did not live up to the pictures in terms of cleanliness. HR did not disappoint here. They were constantly cleaning the facilities and grounds and everything was beautiful. Crews worked daily at the beaches to remove the seaweed that kept creeping into the coves from the ocean. to much you can do about that but the staff did a great job keeping it under control as best they can.

Restaurants - We ate at Zen the first night a THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. The hibachi chef Miguel was SUPER fun and the food was as good as if not better than those I've visited in the states. The next night we went to Market's Italian night (each night is a different theme.) That was pretty good. Not over the top but we left very happy. Next up was Toro. This was actually a big disappointment. My wife had the filet which was good, but my ribeye was terrible and the sides were lackluster at best. I recommend skipping this one. Last we had a date night at Ciao, the Italian spot. Redemption! Each course was beautifully prepared and presented. Market's buffet each morning for breakfast was awesome... Lots of variety... Omelette stations, eggs, Mexican fare, smoothies and juices, gluten free breads, healthy choices. But the best of all was the Caffetto. Great espressos, pastries, sandwiches, salads and GELATO to die for. I stopped there at least twice a day for a snack and loved it.

Ammenties - Had a Fabulous couples massage in the spa with Lupita and Esmeralda. My wife is a massage therapist and left SUPER happy with the service and the facility. Score. Gym was clean and had nice equipment. Only problem I had there was the guy working there straight up asked for gratuity. Not cool. I didn't leave any for that reason, nor would I have to begin with. I'm a heavy tipper, being a restauranteur but that was not a good call on his part. Pools and beaches, super clean and a great experience. Awesome pool side service. You really felt like anything you needed was at your fingertips and everyone very happy to assist.

Service - Service was always friendly and warm. Everyone seems to like working there and they go the extra mile to make you feel special. Much appreciated. One complaint: We had a very hard time getting some specific items delivered to the room, despite repeated requests... Coffee pods, specific sodas, etc. This was strange since very other request was filled quickly. At one point, the AC stopped working and they were there in minutes to fix, so... not sure what that was all about.

Now here is where the BEST part of the trip came in. We upgraded when we booked to the Rock Royalty Level, which includes some perks... aromatherapy and bath treats in the room, petite fours service nightly, pillow menu, access to VIP areas... but the best part is having a personal butler for the week that will arrange EVERYTHING you need... Dinner reservations, excursions, extra towels, anything at all. It's like having a personal assistant all week and this literally made our trip so much more relaxing and stress free. So I went to give a BIG shout out to GRACE and CONNIE who truly made our week. We really did feel like rock stars because of them and and cannot say enough good things about their willingness to help and SUPER FRIENDLY SERVICE - they clearly have a genuine knack for hospitality. Coming from someone who works in hospitality and has for over 30 years, I can say that they are GEMS. THANK YOU GRACE and CONNIE. You Rock.

Lastly, I had a problem with my wrist band, which is also the room key. (pretty convenient actually) It would not stay connected and I lost it. They wanted to charge me $75 to replace it. I spoke to the manager and when I explained the problem I had, he waived the fee. Much appreciated, since it was not my negligence that caused the issue, but rather a faulty clasp. That showed real professionalism on his part. Again, coming from someone who deals with issues like this daily, I felt he really did the right thing and boosted my confidence in Hard Rock overall.

Oh and on another note, we went to the presentation where they offer you a way to become members at the Legendary Level. Basically you would be pre-paying for future stays at a really good rate. I'd be interested if I thought Hard Rock was my go to for life, but we passed. In return they gave us one of our excursion for free. It was worth the two hours.

Overall, I highly recommend this property if you have a family and want something for everyone. GREAT service, fairly exceptional food and lots of fun activities. Also recommend the Rock Royalty option. It truly made a difference for us.

Room Tip: Go Rock Royalty Level - closer to the beach and polls
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Greg P

Dear Greg P,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are much appreciated. We are happy to see that you spent such an amazing time at our resort. It is gratifying to receive such comments as a vote of satisfaction, we are working relentlessly to meet our high standards in quality and we feel really happy and proud to see that we are reaching with the epic service that sets us apart.

It’s been a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your next vacation. We would love to have you back and make another great memory together.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My family and my brothers family stayed here from June 13 to June 19 2018. It rained heavily for 4 days straight. So much so that we were basically locked down inside the hotel. The hotel leaked everywhere and the hallways to all rooms were treacherous. Everyone in my family slipped and fell trying to navigate these hallways. My 11 year old daughter slipped and fell carrying a plate of food which broke and shattered everywhere. I slipped twice and now have a bruised hip and strained forearm. The hotel was obviously not prepared for the amount of water this storm brought. Once it finally stopped raining for our last 2 days the resort itself and grounds were beautiful. During this cold rain we thought we could get some relaxation in the outdoor hot tubs. Only problem was, they were all cold. We spent alot of money for this experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jan_Hundrieser, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Paul S,

I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

We are very concerned about the situations reported, and it is with great interest that the management and staff at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is committed in providing an ambiance which satisfies our guests requirements, furthermore we take great attention in ensuring that our guests feel secure throughout their vacation experience. We sincerely regret that we were not able to fulfill these expectations at all time.

This office is aware of your dissatisfaction and on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya; we offer you our most sincere apologies for have fallen short to your expectations.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

There were 11 of us visiting Hard Rock in January and it is a beautiful place. We did have a problem with one of the restaurants however, we ordered wine and our waiter told us that is was 500 pesos or $100 US dollars. We understood we had to pay the 20% tax also and we were fine with that. When we went to check out they had charged us $500! We talked to 3 different people about this, one with more authority than the next, supposedly and they were no help at all. This never got resolved and we had to pay the price!
Overall the experience was good but this one experience put a sour note on the entire trip. Just make sure you know if they're talking American dollars or pesos when you're signing something to your room. one price but when we got it it was $400 more than we thought it to be. We have been to this resort many times and it is always the same, if you have a problem there's never anyone that can fix it. You'll talk to many people but you just get the runaround.
The rooms are good, food is above average and location is beautiful!

Stayed: January 2018
Jan_Hundrieser, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear ladytreas,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We take your comments very seriously and we would like to change the perception you have taken home through the epic service that sets us apart as Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, therefore one of our specialists will contact you for this matter.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for your inconvenience during your stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We were here for 7 days as a big group of 12 total with 4 rooms. Overall, all the service from lower level staff was wonderful. The food is good. The weather wasn't the greatest, but that is mother nature. Our rooms while on the smaller side were clean and comfortable. Amenities are good. Lots of food and drinks.

The last two days we had two separate incidents with horrible customer service, the first with a Public Relations Staff member over something completely ridiculous - honestly not even worth explaining because it was so dumb I couldn't believe how they had treated members of our party. The last day at check out, was horrible. Even dealing with the front desk manager was horrible, she was condescending and rude. I guess since we were leaving maybe the hotel didn't care how we were treated. We actually considered becoming legendary members but we will continue to keep our business with Palace Resorts and give our money to them.

This wasn't a cheap vacation by any means, so we will never be back. Not with the service we got from upper level employees and managers. I hope no one else has to experience what we did.

I would highly recommend Moon Palace - their service is much better. They are more expensive but I guess its true that you get what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear I_heart_my_loves,

I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not meet your expectations at our resort, and we want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay with us.