Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$302
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$239
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$246
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$291
  • Breakfast included
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
US$379
US$319
Aventuras Club(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$101
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$140
Priceline
US$379
Priceline
US$536
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssmall hoteljacuzzi barcontinental breakfastel xenoteno elevatorhot tubdive shopmarina sidehotel guestsrestaurants and shopsgated communityan ocean view roomfishevery morningsea lionsthird floorsushi
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Wonderful place and people! Everything was great! The area surrounding the hotel was a lot of fun, really neat restaurants and shops throughout the area. The food in the restaurant at the hotel was great. We had Juan as our server many mornings for breakfast and he was terrific! Thank you Juan for your great service!

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank lucystripe
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We stayed here for just one night to relax before my daughter and her wedding party arrived. It was such a pleasant place to stay! We had a garden room that overlooked the dolphin pool -- not exactly a gorgeous view, but it was a spacious, quiet, cool and comfortable room. The staff was great, hauled up our bags full of wedding stuff and arranged for us to rent a golf cart. As a special touch, we were greeted with fruit kabobs and a chocolate fondue!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I wanted to like this place, but there's just so much lacking. I am on the road 11 out of 12 months a year as I work remotely. I was sick of Airbnb and wanted to splurge and relax. I should have known Omni is kind of out of date at this point. It reminded me of a time share kind of resort that has seen its day.
First of all, the reception doesn't really speak English, so don't expect to get much help about the area or anything.
Second of all, the pool was so dirty, I had to get out. There were more bugs (some quite large) floating than I could count. I also saw several hair balls, leaves and twigs, dirt, and sand. For this price, I'd expect that thing getting cleaned out often. Who wants to sit at a swim up bar with bugs floating all around you and getting caught in hair balls. GROSS!
Thirdly, don't expect to get any sleep if you are facing the road or the poor dolphins locked in that tiny pond. I was up all night listening to cars drive over a loose pothole. So much for getting to relax for a few nights.
This has nothing to do with the hotel (I don't think) but there are several dolphins in an area across the street. You can see them swimming in circles and obviously cooped up. It's really sad to see knowing the sea is just across the street where they could be free to roam.
The wifi in the room drops constantly. I was thinking oh, a 4-star hotel, I'll have great wifi for work. Nope. I've had Airbnb's in rural areas of Nicaragua that work better than that. I asked the front desk if there's an area that I could work that gets a better reception. She didn't know what I was saying and just kept asking if I need to print something.
I will say the staff at the restaurants are really kind and attentive. I had great service and pretty good food. Nothing mind blowing, but pretty good for an outdated place. The bell staff was also really helpful and kind since there isn't an elevator to get your bags up the stairs.
The beach is ok. It's shallow so that's nice if you have kids. I just think there are way more breathtaking hotels not too far from here. This is a man made beach.
The gym was pretty good. I don't think it's cleaned as I didn't see anything to clean the machines after using them and the kids are working the desk are watching movies on the phone so I know they aren't cleaning.
Puerta Aventura is close to some cool stuff, but it's straight up tourist central/Disney world.
You might as well go to Florida honestly. I couldn't wait to get to Tulum to feel like I was in Mexico, get some sleep, and not swim with the bugs.
You can find way cooler resorts unless you're really into Disney Mexico.

Room Tip: If you stay on the street don't expect to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Simply Stunning!

Let's be honest, this was our first trip to Mexico and we wanted something that wasn't fully commercialised; we chose the Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel because it looked good, had a gym, a golf course (9 hole) and they had a great deal on when we booked.

The Hotel is actually a beach front element of a larger Marina-based complex, the Omni Puerto Beach Resort. A self-contained combination of Marinas, apartments, restaurants, stores and a Marine Research Centre & Dolphinarium.

Despite its apparent size, everything is well placed and centred so each element is easily reached. The complex offers a good choice of restaurants, some with live evening entertainment and you can wine and dine as you watch the sun slowly slip below the buildings and dolphins languidly swim around large, natural sea water lagoons.

There are plenty of boat-related activities to tryout including deep sea fishing, cruises, dive boats. The 9 hole golf course is in excellent shape and fun to play and clubs can be hired as well as carts. There is a racquets club too.

But back to the hotel specifically. A smaller hotel, we were there out of main season so quieter than normal but busy none-the-less. It really does live up to its 5 Star rating though. Wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly staff throughout, great layout, clean, well-maintained pools, superb restaurants, and great facilities too.

The bedroom was equipped with a big king size bed, nice decor, balcony with bench seat, table and chairs and a jacuzzi-bath. Very efficient Air Con (much needed) and a ceiling fan too. Good free-to-use safe and nice powerful shower added to the overall room. Constant hot water in the bathroom was always available.

The pools are warm and kept clean; in fact the whole hotel - including the beach front and gardens - receive daily attention in keeping the hotel in tip top condition.

The Hotel has a gym and functional room/ yoga room which are both very well equipped; much better than most hotel gyms. Surprisingly so! Multitude of cable resistance machines, free weights and cardio equipment complemented by kettle bells, mats and steps. Expect it to be well used by hotel guests and local fitness fanatics. It is air conditioned too and offers free towels but no water cooler - it's only draw back.

Now, the restaurants - what excellent quality of food - be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Absolutely wonderful food quality and all freshly made to order. I cannot find fault with anything. Superb selection of breakfasts, a choice of lunchtime eating (including a swim-up bar) and the El Xenote restaurant evening menu was great. And the quality of the food was just so good. Yes, I'm happy to rave about the food - it really is superb.

And finally the staff. They cannot do enough to make your stay the very best it could be. Always friendly, so helpful and happy to go the extra mile and very clued up. And always smartly presented too, despite the high humidity we had.

We were impressed with this hotel; thoroughly impressed. It's location is so close to the beach front because it's right on the beach front. It really turned out to be everything we had hoped it would be and more. I didn't hesitate to give it 5 Stars, I'd have given it more if I could. You won't be disappointed if you do chose this hotel. It really was 'Simply Stunning!'

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed at the Omni on a short family vacation in Mid-August. We were all very much satisfied with all the resort and destination had to offer. It was quite a relief relaxing and being away from the hustle and bustle of more popular destinations in the Reviera Maya. The entire staff always made sure our stay was enjoyable and memorable. We would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone seeking a relaxing and beautiful vacation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family