Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$368
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$346
  • Pool
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$388
US$208
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$591
US$420
Bookit.com
Aventuras Club(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$121
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
US$333
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotels.com
All reviewssmall hoteljacuzzi barcontinental breakfastel xenoteparadise toursno elevatorhot tubdive shopcafe olemarina siderestaurants and shopshotel guestsgated communityrestaurant staffan ocean view roomevery morningfish
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I travel the world. I am accustomed to staying at 5 Star resorts / hotel as well as quaint bungalows. I am well aware that when in remote parts of the world I should not expect all the creature comforts of civilization as much as if I were in the US. I live in Cancun and came to Puerto Aventuras for a weekend of work. Having stayed at Omni hotels many times in the past I selected the Omni hotel. It has a very pretty view of the ocean and has some very pretty pools. But do not come here if you need to (or want to) be connected to the world. Their wifi sucks. When we got into our room we could not connect at all and after several trips to the front desk we were finally able to connect but could not send email or even visit a web page such as google.com. We asked for the manager and she showed up with the head engineer. I finally connected to speedtest.net and was able to show that the download speed was under 2 megabits--a bit faster than typing. (For comparison purposes, the the US it is almost impossible to find speeds less than 25 megabits and most people use 50-100 megabits so they can stream videos or upload large files.) . The manager told me that 2 megabits is the fastest they have ever have, that there is one router for the entire hotel and everyone shares it. So don't come here if you need (or want) to be connected because you won't be connected. I even tried to use the hotspot on my iPhone but the cell service is so poor that I could not use that. I was literally told, "Wifi is a benefit of the hotel and speed is not required or promised. We give you wifi and you want a faster connection. We don't guarantee a faster connection, only that you will have access to the router." I replied, "Using that logic why don't you take out the light bulbs, too? You give me electricity but don't guarantee that I will be able to see anything."

Next issue, the hot tub is a hole in the ground with a plastic liner. It looks like that at one time there was a real hot tub but it leaked so they threw in a properly shaped liner (with holes for the jets) but it was grungy so we didn't use it.

Third issue--no electrical outlets in the room. There were plugs behind the beds but they were used for the lights so if we unplugged the lights we would have no light in the room. Next choice was to unplug the VCR that shared the outlet with the TV. So we did that. The only other outlet was in the bathroom. The room did come with a coffee maker in its own cubicle but there was not an electric outlet in the cubicle co I had to carry the coffee maker to the bathroom in order to get it to work.

Finally decided to try the complimentary continental breakfast. First cup of coffee was room temperature so I sent it back for a cup of hot coffee. Second cup of "hot" coffee was lukewarm so I sent it back for a cup of hot coffee. While waiting for my third cup the waiter put a basket of pastries on the table. Before I could grab even a slice of toast I was dive bombed by crows (or some similar bird) that grabbed the croissant and took off. A second bird took a slice of my toast. I thought I was in al Alfred Hitchcock movie.

OK, you get the idea. Nice view, nice pools, great location, no wifi, no place to plug things into, probably not a place to take kids who want to be connected. I think next time I will stay in Playa del Carmen and drive down here each day. Better choices.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Nice little hotel but it's been infested with seaweed. Can't use the beach much or swim in the ocean. Seems to be the case all up and down the coast. Been an exceptionally bad year. may be indicative of things to come with climate change. They are doing their best to cart it away, but it just keeps coming. started late February. The rest of Puerto Aventuras is fabulous though.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gates P
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We spent a wonderful week at Omni Puerto Aventuras. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and beautiful window to the ocean. Food was excellent. The community of Puerto Aventuras is safely protected behind a guarded entry. We felt incredibly safe and carefree even though it’s not a mega resort that is common around this area. There’s plenty of places to eat right beside the Omni for dinner. Nice little shops with tourist stuff too. Most places would take dollars or pesos. We thought about heading out to Tulum or Xcaret but decided on a week spent on the beach reading books was a better fit. Paradise Tours seems to really have their act together if you do want to plan an excursion outside Puerto Aventuras. It looks like there’s lots to do, we just wanted to chill and drink pina coladas. Lastly the Omni has a special most days of the week on food for lunch that makes it easier to just hang by the beach or pool.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brandon L
Reviewed 2 March 2018

This was our third trip to Puerto Aventuras but our first to the Omni Hotel. Omni is a very clean hotel with extremely friendly staff. We had a room on the marina side which in the morning is a little noisy with birds, leaf blower and oxygen tank deliveries. Other than the birds none of it starts until 7:30 am. I'm sure rooms on the pool side are quieter but you pay for it. The free continental breakfast was perfect for us. Most lunch platters run approx $7 - $10 CND dollars. Drinks are in the same price range. We never had dinner at the Omni. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Slight musty smell comes from the air conditioning unit. The jacuzzi tub is a nice addition. The fridge is very small but it did the trick for us. The pool area is very nice and the beach is small but very nice. Unfortunately during our time there was a lot of sargasso seaweed. The staff did as good a job they could in removing it. I would rate this hotel a 5 star but there is a major problem with pool and beach chairs. They have plenty if they offered them only to hotel guests but they also sell lots of day passes and many times we were unable to get a chair especially on the beach. I can't say for sure but it appeared to me that many people using the beach chairs were neither hotel guests or day users. It appears that you could come in off the street, grab beach chairs and as long as you are buying drinks and food nobody says anything. The key is to get down to the beach early (8am) and put your towel and a book or two on the chairs you want. I hate that process but it is the only way. I'm not sure how they do it but hotel guests should never have to battle (verbally) with non-hotel guests for beach or pool side chairs. Overall, great hotel, great location, great community. We are definitely going back. The pros out weight the cons.

Room Tip: Rooms on the marina side are definitely noisier. If you like to go to bed early and sleep in late you might want for pool side rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don G
Reviewed 26 February 2018

This was our second trip to Omni Puerto Aventuras & we are already trying to figure out when we can get back.

We were in an ocean view room this time and so enjoyed breakfast on our balcony each morning. Included with our reservation was a light breakfast (coffee, fruit & rolls) that were delivered each morning.

The staff is super friendly, attentive and by day two knew us & were taking fantastic care of us.

The resort is small, so plenty of room at the restaurants, bar and pools. They do offer day passes so the beach did get pretty full. We were happy at the pool; there is a lovely ocean view almost everywhere, really not a bad seat anywhere.

Puerto Aventuras is a lovely community. I did the 2-3 mile loop as a run each morning & felt totally safe. There are several restaurants and shops within a 5 to 10 minute walk of the hotel. Each night we walked, had supper then returned to the lobby bar for a last cocktail to top off the evening.

You can charge everything to the room & pay once at checkout. We took advantage of this because it meant only one foreign transaction fee on our credit card - I know not all credit cards do that, but worth checking, it saved us a few dollars.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have special needs or kids in a stroller you should request first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple