“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, International, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Great location on the harbor by shops and the dolphins. And the MOST delicious quesadillas and margaritas. Really good food.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I had eaten before at The Pub and enjoyed their fajitas. I had the steak fajitas again. The were juicy tender and tasty. They come with traditional peppers and onions along with usual accompaniments. Margaritas good but not as good as NB. Service is excellent. They. Also have live music many nights. This place is always worth a stop on my vacation.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Being a resident of Puerto Aventuras there is not any of the eating establishments that my wife and I have not eaten at several times. A couple weeks back we ate at the PUB and the special of the night was BABY BACK ribs with fries for $150 pesos. I was impressed as they were fall off the bone tender and I considered we would become a regular customer on RIB NITE! I ask the waiter or manager when would they have them again he stated they did not have a regular scheduled night to serve the ribs. We have been back a few times and asked about the ribs and never been able to be there when they have the rib special. We stopped by there the other night and asked and he said he had the ribs and I asked if they were cooked fresh because they were not advertised on the chalk board as a special. He said no they were cooked the day before which I appreciated the honesty. I did not want warmed up ribs!

Today I called them on the phone and asked what their special was and the waiter manager on the phone told me the baby back ribs and I asked him on the phone if the ribs were cooked fresh today and he stated YES. My wife and I went down and I thought it was strange if the ribs were on special of the night why was they not advertised on the chalk boards . Before I ordered I asked the waiter/manager if the ribs were cooked today he stated YES just as he did on the phone. When the dish arrived I knew immediately the ribs were warmed up not cooked fresh. WHY DID HE TELL ME THAT? The waiter/manager never came back to the table I complained to the two different waiters that had taken over the duties of the table to no avail.

I asked for the check and told the waiter to tell the waiter/ manager my disappointment about the meal and that I was not happy and I watched as the young waiter told him. No effort to discount the bill or offer to serve us something else was attempted. He would not even look toward our table.

It is real simple I will not eat there again and I will continue to tell folks not to spend their money there. There are better places to eat in Puerto Aventuras as most all the eateries are within walking distance of each other.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Quite casual but we had the best calamari! Watching the dolphins was a big plus esp for kids! Nice little walk afterwards.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

The drinks are still great. Most of the food is still okay, but you might avoid the fish & chips, ordered it twice and it was quite undercooked, too bad, it was always a favourite.

The most noticeable change was the service...it was awful. The staff seems very disorganized, either three people show up all wanting to take your order, or your order is taken, and then you are ignored. Count on at least 20 minutes to chase someone down to bring a bill, and when it comes, check it closely. We ate lunch, and/or dinner there several times over the course of six weeks and at least 50% of the time, we had the wrong bill.

The service was really poor this year. It didn’t make any difference whether the place was busy, or nearly empty. There didn’t seem to be anyone coordinating the staff as in the past. Too bad, the Pub was always a fun place to eat, with a great staff and great service.