My husband & I stayed here for 1 week in September & wished we booked longer
The hotel is very clean, the gardens are immaculate. With jetlag I was up very early & watched the pool man start his marathon task @ 6am every day so if anyone complained the pools are dirty its not true !
The food was good plenty of choice in the buffet restaurants our favourite was the Aircon buffet we found the food hotter. We loved the steakhouse, but didn’t think much of the mexican & the tapas was not great
The beach is lovely but due to all the tropical storms & hurricanes there was a lot of seaweed (not blaming the hotel)
Our standard room was great 3121 we had view of pools round Yucatan & could see the sea. It was clean every day & the massive bed was very comfortable
The animation team are awesome, full of energy & fun they work very hard in the hot sun
Round the Riviera Maya main pool we saw some great live bands during the day , its a shame they didn’t play in the evenings.
We hired a golf cart $50 for 24 hours was great fun going around the whole gated community & seeing things that were too far to walk
This holiday was worth every minute of the 11hour flight, & 2 hour transfer . Most mexican people are lovely.
Big shout out to the Bartenders they make some of the best cocktails ive ever tasted
We will definitely go back but for longer next time, loved this place & had 1 of the best holidays
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Mexico/Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya