Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$368
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$388
US$213
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
  • Breakfast included
Aventuras Club(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$121
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$96
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$478
US$327
Cancelon
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$374/night.

Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$402
Priceline
US$335
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
2,206 results
All reviewsgated communitya la cartesplaya del carmensnack bartapaswater shoesfishcrepesstandard roomriviera sidejapanese restaurantair transatpure chill out barthomas cooksteakanimation staffsea lions
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Sorry this a late review of this resort. 4 adults went the end of April. Over all the resort was very clean and staff was friendly...if you are looking for a beach this is not a resort for you. the beach is terrible, well there is not much of a beach. but we made it do able. food was great and again very clean everywhere. when we got there at 11ish am they said our room would not be ready till 3, omg but this gave us a chance to get aquainted with the resort. they did not offer us a place for our luggage or a place to change so that was annoying. we went back at 230 hoping to get our room, now they tried to upsale us to priviledge , that itself was a mess. after 30 minutes of no, maybe , depends on where we are etc, we finally said no just give us our room. ok got our rooms, ours was fine but our friends not, they got changed then there bed was terrible sleeping on the first night, after complaining it took 8 hours and they finally got another mattress. once all this was settled our stay was good. the best part of our trip was our day trip. we booked with Monica Rendon, i did this before we left. i read up on her from trip advisor and others. we had Irving as our tour guide. OMG he was fantastic. so if going to this area i would truly advise book with her and ask for him. they pick you at the hotel, and we needed to make a few stops on our way for things that we needed and Irving was so accommodating, Our day trip with him was amazing. So thankyou Monica and your to your staff Irving. and it was just the four of us so that was awesome. The centos and ruins were amazing. my husband tried scuba diving for the first time at our resort.. his instructor was amazing, the next day he went out in the ocean, so needless to say he is hooked. our travel to and from the resort was also very good. there is a marina in walking distance was great to visit for something else to do. we had a few drinks and purchased some gifts. overall our trip was successful. but not if you love the beach. ps not once did we ever feel scared either. oh yes i forgot somehow i am missing some under garments, don't know how where or when but not in my luggage when i returned home. hope this helps. cindy from the yellow team

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank yellowteam
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I traveled with my two daughters age 16 & 13, we stayed in room 3025, the room was the only issue here. Normally we don't have a problem considering your hardly in there, but for this hotel a 4 star the rooms were unacceptable. The beds were very small, and the room stunk like mold, there were also little bugs in the bathroom and the fridge only had water. The free wifi was good but not good enough for Netflix or youtube, in some spots you could watch Netflix but the rooms you could not.

The food was amazing, some night had a better selection than others, but overall very good better then what I have had at 5 stars. The pools were very nice they had seating inside the water, but chair wise you need to get up early if you want to have a seat. If not you're going to be living out of your bag for the day. The beach is not walkable but snokeling is good saw many stingrays and fish.

Also kayaking is super fun! saw lots of jellys

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jullia101
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Our first trip was a romantic getaway two years ago. There was no doubt that this was the destination for our family trip this time. Our 11 year old granddaughter accompanied us this time. The resort is second to none, it’s safe, accommodating and has an excellent staff. We were upgraded because we were returning guests, which allowed us the opportunity to dine at more of the resorts restaurants, and free use of some areas of the spa. We rented a golf cart through the concierge desk and took an adventure to nearby Cenotes and gated community (Highly recommended, the lady at the rental shop was wonderful and lovely).
The lagoon is amazing, and was truly a highlight for us, as our granddaughter got to swiim with so many species of fish. The food was incredible, offering so many choices. The rooms were always clean and the resorts cleanliness was immaculate.
The staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive. Although we missed Antonio who was there on our first Catalonia visit, it was so great to see Manuel and Miguel. We talk about the service that these two people provided regularly, and how great they were. It’s people like this that make us want to go back to this resort. Catalonia will always be our first choice. Thank you Catalonia,looking forward to seeing you again. Chuck, Val and Arabelle

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Chuckandval
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I probably read through about 2 years worth of reviews before I decided on this resort. I did notice that there was a shortage of reviews from solo female travelers, even though this is part of Transat’s Solo Collection. So I am writing this review from the perspective of a solo female traveler, in the hopes of encouraging other women to travel alone.

I had the pleasure of staying here from May 5 - 12, 2018. This resort is located within the gated community of Puerto Aventuras - only authorized persons are permitted to enter. As a result, this is an extremely safe community for solo travelers and families. I have traveled all over Mexico and the Caribbean, and this was hands-down the safest I’ve felt in my travels. I had been quite worried about the area in the weeks leading up to my trip, with travel warnings and constant stories of violence in the news. While I cannot speak for Playa del Carmen or Cancun, I can say that in my experience, Puerto Aventuras is a safe community.

Catalonia Yucatan Beach is a very clean, comfortable resort with delicious food and caring staff. Knowing that I was a solo traveler, the staff treated me with the utmost respect and kindness. I ate all of my breakfasts and suppers at the buffets, and the staff were happy to converse with me in (broken) Spanish. I do think they appreciate when we at least try to respect their language.

I did see a lot of the “towel game” being played on the beach and at the pools. That seems to be common at most resorts. I didn’t frequent the pool or the beach. I prefered to spend my down time relaxing on my private balcony with a book and a milkshake from The Creperie! I just booked the basic Garden View room, with no upgrade. I did contact the hotel ahead of time to ask for a room on a higher floor, and they were able to accommodate my request - I was given a room on the 3rd floor, overlooking the pool. The rooms are basic but clean and very secure. There were 3 locks on the door, and an electronic safe in the closet.

Wifi was free and I was able to access YouTube and Netflix most of the time. Sometimes the internet would cut out, but I was able to fix this by stepping out on my balcony and reconnecting. It seemed the closer I was to the balcony, the better the reception would be. Perhaps the cement walls are an issue? As I had read mixed reviews on the wifi access, I decided to purchase a Telus Travel Plan to keep in touch with my nervous family back home ;) My phone worked perfectly for texting everywhere, I actually had more bars here than I do at home!

The entrance to the marina is a 2 minute walk from the hotel, but the marina itself is huge! There’s so much to see and do, definitely plan to take a couple of trips down here. All the souvenir shopping you could possibly want, without the harassment of the markets. The shopkeepers actually seemed indifferent to whether you bought or not. Just like back home in Canada ;) Prices are negotiable so make sure to haggle!

Beach walking is my favourite activity, but I knew before I booked that this was not a “long walks on the beach” kind of resort. However, after studying Google maps of the area, I could see that there was a long white sand beach located just behind the marina. I highly recommend checking this out if you’re into beach walking. It was a 15 minute walk from the resort to this beach. Just walk to where the marina meets the ocean and hang a right. You won’t be disappointed!

If you’re a woman thinking about solo travel to this area, please feel free to message me and I’ll do my best to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

Would I recommend the Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Most rooms are pool view, can see the ocean from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
8  Thank Ashley Maria G
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We were promised a tour of the resort and was led to a salesman looking for us to buy a timeshare. If you’re not out by 6am to get a seat either by the beach or pool, you’re left walking around with your things until a spot becomes available. Some guests don’t have ever remove their things from the chairs, it’s a way to reserve a seat for later or the next day. So be prepared to do the same. Me and my niece have been bitten multiple times and it’s not from the bugs outside but moreso from the ones in our rooms because we’d wake up with bites everywhere. They’ve ignored every complaint we’ve made since arriving here. Don’t count on amstar to get you anywhere on time. They’re always late and rude and unhelpful. Upon arriving, we were left out in the sun for 2hrs, my niece caught a heat rashes and sunburn on her face and arms. Our transportation was changed from private to shared and was charged more. There’s a charge for being on the beach everyday. It’s hidden and they won’t tell you until you’re checking out. It’s called environmental fee. So even if you weren’t on the beach at all you’ll still be charged. Their solution for our problems was upgrading us to a privileged room less than 12hrs of us leaving the resort which doesn’t help us at all considering they’ve had complaints since the first day of arriving.

THE ONLY GOOD THING IS RUBEN THE MASSEUSE. HE WILL MASSAGE ALL YOUR STRESS AND LIFE AWAY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

Say hi ti the critters we roomed with!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family