“We played Mexican Train”
Review of El Candil

El Candil
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Mulege
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We wanted somewhere that had table big enough for us to lay out the tiles, and we wanted dinner too. (and drinks). El Candil it was.
I and another woman had the French Dip, one woman had vegetarian nachos, and another woman, (I forget what she had).
The vegetarian woman always goes there because she can get a great meal. Sometimes she has vegetarian hamburger, (the make her one with mushrooms, cheese and all the trimmings) Sometimes she goes there for Vegetarian Pizza. They make really good pizza.
The even allow dogs on the back patio, (of course we sat there, because I had my dog with me).

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We ate there several times and each visit was great. My husband orders the fish and chips, and I order the grilled fish dinner. The atmosphere was authentic and the service friendly. The small town of Mulege is very charming. We made a small video of the inside of El Candil. They also have a beautiful courtyard for outdoor seating and wifi.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

You wouldn't think a Mexican restaurant would serve Pizza, but they do.
Only on weekends.

It's Wonderful! My girlfriend is vegetarian, so we go there to have vegetarian pizza.

I think it has mushrooms, olives, bell pepper and cheese on it.
I may have left out something.
It's so good, that although I'm not vegetarian, I go there just for that meal.
We get a large, it's enough to fill us up, and some to take home.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped in El Candil after swimming. I especially went for the French Dip.
It was great.

Even my dog enjoyed it.
He got to go on the patio, (which he loves).

The patio is covered in bougainvillea and is shaded.

One​woman was sitting on the patio and using the Wifi, which is free.

We had a great meal and came home full.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Great food! We ordered the fajitas - so very good! They have "American food" but why bother? Order their local specialties and you won't be disappointed-- all is prepared with care and the garden out back is lovely. Service friendly - just need a bit of Spanish to communicate well.

Would be happy to eat here again.