“family Vacation”

Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 22 September 2017

This resort was not what I expected I had to pay for Wi-Fi in my room, also the food was not great not much choices not even sugar free deserts.
No waiter service at the pool you need to go to the bar to get drinks. and the towels were old and rough.
I will not stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the lobby its a long walk to the pool or beach
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Manuellopez2014
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at ClubHotel RIU Jalisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We are committed to providing excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. We regret to read that you have left our hotel with an opposite idea in your mind. We have sent your comments to the respective heads of departments involved and actions would be taken to address all your concerns.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Online Reputation Manager
RIU.com

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was expecting a better service but it was poor first our room didn't have sea view we had Parking lot view the food was not so great and the service on the pools not good I was expecting waitress to bring your drink as they did it on Cancun plus I was so hungry and went to get a snack at the snack bar and they didn't let me eat at the pool the only thing I like was the night shows that was good plus a lot of people on the place,clean room was good..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at ClubHotel RIU Jalisco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to RIU Hotels & Resorts and for taking the time to give us your constructive and valued feedback. We are very disappointed to find that this time your experience did not live up to what you usually expect from us. As a global brand, we strive to maintain consistent levels of quality in our hotels throughout the world.

We appreciate our guests’ comments since they help us improve our services. We will share your impressions with the corresponding department in order to make adjustments, if necessary.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate the high standards of service that are typical of our hotels.

With our best wishes we remain,

Online Reputation Manager
RIU.com

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed in Riu Jalisco for one week, it was my girlfriend's first trip to Mexico and second one for me and to be honest it was worth every penny. We were accompanied by a good friend of ours and everyone had a good stay. Some of the good things:

1. Friendly Staff. The workers at this hotel were very nice and were very helpful and made our vacation to a new level. Special thanks to Eduardo, you can find him at one of the 2 bars by the theater.
2. Food was diverse and tasty. Most food was pretty good, for an all-inclusive it was pretty good, definitely not outstanding but was very good. Only one restaurant that didn't feel like it met the standard is the Italian place.
3. Entertainment was amazing, there was a different show every night and good activities throughout the day.
4. The mini-fridge was very useful, you have to call reception to get it refilled but they usually do it quickly after the call and at any time.Unlimited beers
5. They usually have pretty good liqueur, you just gotta ask for it sometimes, like if you ask for Gin, instead of just getting the house gin you can ask for Beefeather.

The bad:
1. Friend had to be moved from his room because the air conditioner broke
2. It definitely helps to speak Spanish when going to this resort, most visitors were residents compared to foreigners, but this could be because of the time we went.(went in down season, end of August.)
3. The ATM machine ate our friend's card it was hard to get it back as it was a Sunday and the hotel had to contact the bank

However, most of these situations were dealt swiftly with by staff. If it wasn't for the hassles that our friend went through, I would give this hotel a 5 stars.

In conclusion, very good resort, we enjoyed ourselves very much and even through our hurdles, it was a very good trip.The pros outweigh the cons for this resort. Again, big shout outs to Eduardo

Room Tip: Get a room facing the center of the hotel, you get free wi-fi from your balcony at nay level if you...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank SebastianYEG
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I was quite nervous heading here after reading some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised!

Overall the resort is well kept and clean. The grounds are kept in incredible shape. The rooms could use a little updating. I was definitely not thrilled by the open concept bathroom; neither was my 14 yr old son I might add! A door would have been a wonderful addition. Also, in the family rooms, I think a coffee maker would be much more useful than the copious amounts of alcohol. The rooms were kept very clean, I wish I had caught our maids name, as she was wonderful! First time we haven't felt like we must lock everything in the safe. I left jewelry/electronics out without an issue.

The food was definitely a high point for us. My kids and I have celiac disease, which requires us to eat a gluten free diet. My partner has many other food sensitivities. Chef Jose and Antonio made sure we always had many many options, and I can't express enough thanks! The waitstaff was always very friendly at dinner. Danny took great care of us, as well as a couple other servers. Unfortunately they were not so friendly at breakfast, often leaving us to find our own coffee, and other drinks, condiments, etc.

The pools and beach were kept pretty clean. Unfortunately the beach was not what we were expecting, but I think we've become beach snobs along our travels. The water is not clear, sand is not soft.

I was surprised by the hotel not accepting American money. Not that I blame them with the current relations with the US, but it was a surprise. If you're traveling from Canada, you do not need to exchange for American as everyone used to! They will exchange Canadian.

We did the polaris razor excursion. It was a lot of fun, but they gouge tourists, and don't supply transportation to the excursion. Apparently something to do with a taxi union. Had I not already told the kids we'd be doing this excursion, I would have waited a until we went to a another destination. I wouldn't recommend doing excursions here, although fun, not worth the money or stress of cabbing.

There were a lot of locals at this resort, something I've never experienced before. Definitely made things a little louder, and not as English friendly- which I know, I'm in a Spanish speaking country, I should expect there to be a language barrier, it's just never been to this extreme throughout our many travels.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa Y
Reviewed 19 August 2017

My husband and I stayed at this this resort back in April. I am just getting around to my review now.

Honestly, I cannot think of one negative word to say. The absolute best part was the food. We ate at the Italian, Mexican and Oriental places for dinner and they were great. It was very easy for the two of us to get a table, we never had to wait. I could see that bigger groups were waiting but a table for two was very easy to come by. All the restaurants had it set up so that you went to the appetizer buffet after you ordered your main course. They also had dessert buffets for when you were done. The lasagna at the Italian place was amazing! The buffets had plenty to choose from and never got too busy. There was a buffet in the main building for breakfast and lunch and then another one by the beach for lunch. I can't imagine anyone not finding something to eat here.

The swim up bar pool was a ton of fun. Bring some ones for tips - those bartenders work hard! This is a great spot to make new friends and have some late afternoon cocktails.

We took out the kayaks one day. It was a little wavy but still a lot of fun. The ocean water is a little darker than the Cancun side of Mexico but we still saw some fishing swimming around. The beach is beautiful and you can walk for a long ways in either direction. There are beach vendors selling all kinds of fun stuff - mangos on a stick, dried fruits and nuts, all kinds of souvenirs. There are also souvenir places right next to the resort on the beach. No need to go to town your entire stay. Plenty of beach chairs and the sunsets were amazing!!

We were on the 5th floor so we did quite a bit of walking up and down the stairs. I could see this being an issue if you don't like, or can't, do stairs. We ate and drank all day so the couple of extra calories we burned doing a few flights of stairs was probably a good thing. The only set of elevators were next to the lobby and our room was as far away from the lobby as possible. Just something to keep in mind if you have elderly folks or little kiddos in your group.

We will for sure be back to the RIU Jalisco and have recommended it to some of our friends. Don't hesitate to book here - you'll have a great time!!!
'