“Fit the bill for us!”

Hotel Villa Varadero
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 18 May 2017

We stayed at Villa Varadero for two weeks in a standard room with breakfast only. Our room had a small fridge and microwave. We had planned to do some food prep for a meal in the room but soon found that between the large breakfast and close and delicious restaurants, we did not do so.
We loved the location on the beach and never had to worry about lounges being available. There was a convenience store close by so we were able to bring our own drinks to the beach.
My only concern was cleanliness of the beach area. The loungers were not cleaned and they needed to be.
This is not a 5 star so don't expect it to be. But it is a very quiet and relaxing place to go if you are a beach person.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gabriela P, Gerente at Hotel Villa Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is my pleasure that you enjoy your vacation. We will do our best to clean beach furniture. Regards!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Your prices are very reasonable. We don't like large fancy and expensive resorts. We like small laid back resorts like Villa Veradero. We plan to return next year. We also are looking forward to the opening of the fourth tower.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gabriela P, Gerente at Hotel Villa Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

What a joy to read your feedback, it will be an honor to have you here next year in fourth tower.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Villa Varadero very much. Staff was very friendly, room was clean. A little dated however that did not alter our great time there. Buffet was OK, but there were several great and inexpensive restaurants nearby. Buffet was great for breakfast, snack bar was OK.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice. Service was great in keeping it clean, bathroom lighting was poor but we ma...
Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review.

We are happy to hear that our services met your expectations,
that our staff is friendly and the rooms clean . We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This is a great smaller sized hotel that has delicious food and very friendly, helpful staff.
We had the bed and breakfast package and the breakfast was buffet style with pancakes and made to order omelettes available daily with a varying selection of hot mexican dishes and a great fruit selection. If you are looking for an American breakfast then go to an American hotel. This hotel served authentic Mexican food and it was great to try different dishes each day.
We had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the pool and ocean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the air conditioning in the room made for a very good nights sleep. The water pressure in the hotel is great meaning that you get a good shower rather than standing under a drip!
The restaurants in the Marina area are varied and all the ones we tried were extremely good.
I recommend walking out on the pier to watch the sunset to get great photos.
The beach is clean with nice sand. Walking to the far end of the beach gives a great view of Puerto Vallarta and if you are lucky you may see turtle tracks from the night before!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz118
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stayed here on an RCI exchange. I had a 1 bedroom suite- two separate rooms, 1 bath, full kitchen, and an outdoor balcony. There are not many of this room type in the resort, but I think it's the only type that has an outdoor balcony. I was on the top floor, 6th. I think I probably had the best rooms here- because I was on the top floor, I had high, cathedral ceilings which gave the space a much more open feel. I had a view of the beach and sea, albeit over the main courtyard and pool area. I did see the interior of several other 1 bedroom units and their views were either over a roof or blocked by a wall somewhat.
The staff here was great. Always friendly, always a smile, very attentive. I did have some problems with my room, and they were addressed- not always immediately, but eventually and to my satisfaction- and with a smile and genuine concern.
The beach here is great- wide, flat, with good swimming every day- some surf, but not dangerous. The beach furniture is all hard plastic, uncomfortable, and pretty old and should be cleaned more often! There is no beach food or beverage service; you go and get it yourself. And that means you clean up after yourself, which sadly many people did not do. So- plates of uneaten food and sticky beverage cups left all over, attracting the birds and flies. I would suggest that some staff be assigned to this task, as it's pretty gross in the hot temperatures.
The restaurant food is plentiful, but pretty basic,Mexican fare. There is one main restaurant, always buffet-style. There is "snack" restaurant on the beach. Only one bar, on the beach.I was given all-inclusive for several days as compensation for some problems I had with the room. This was a very nice gesture, though I didn't use it much. I did take advantage of their "special" dinner- reservations only. Tables on the beach, waiters, etc. It was a nice change, but the food was not too "special" and unfortunately, nothing was hot by the time it arrived at the beach
.And ....4 courses were served, consumed, and cleared in 1 hour!! The service was TOO good-
This is a family resort,probably 95% locals. No party animals,but they do play loud music at the pool!

Stayed: April 2017