“Fantastic food, relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Hive Beach Cafe

Hive Beach Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$89
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We’re committed to using fresh, locally sourced seafood - when available we serve fish straight from the very shoreline you’ll be eating on. We offer a wide selection of cakes, biscuits and take away treats. All homemade by Melanie and her team at the Hive Beach Micro Bakery based in Burton Bradstock. We’re happy to accommodate large parties of diners and we’re dog friendly but we don’t take reservations so it’s advisable to arrive a little early for lunch as we do get busy! Please check our website for up to date opening hours because we do open for dinner during the spring and summer season. Whilst we do our best to reduce the risk of cross-contamination in our restaurants, we cannot guarantee that any of our dishes are free from allergens and therefore cannot accept any liability in this respect. We urge customers with any form of allergies to assess their own level of risk and consume dishes at their own risk. Please ask to speak to the chef on duty if you are in need of any assistance in this regard
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A really great place for an impromptu late lunch on a wet day. Amazing fish soup and crab sandwiches, simple and yet delicious. Highly recommended

Write a ReviewReviews (2,265)

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Have been here many times and love it. Looks basic but high end food and service. Breakfast is my fav, looking out to sea in any weather.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to the Hive Beach Cafe a few times now, both when busy and quiet. Dogs are really welcome and they sell handmade dog biscuits that are a healthy option to the shop bought ones although quite pricey.
The cafe is not cheap but the quality of the food and service is good. I’ve enjoyed breakfast, morning coffee, cakes and lunch here and have not been disappointed.
I love walking my dog on the beach and then rewarding ourselves with a visit afterwards. My ‘go to’ place when I’m in the area, wish I lived closer.

1  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled across this place while travelling the Jurassic coast road from Abbotsbury to Bridport. We were seated with an excellent view of the beach and ocean. We both had fish and chips which was cooked to perfection and very tasty. It's not the cheapest place with the fish and chips at £15.00 each but once you have the first mouthful the price pales into insignificance. There is parking close by that is free for N.T. members but pay and display for everyone else.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

7 for lunch we asked no problem, after moving a couple of tables we has a perfect view of the sea.
We ordered a variety for fish dishes, they all came with 20mins despite the place being very busy. All the food was excellent,
Plus warm and friendly staff made this a perfect stop for Lunch