If you are looking for a cozy weekend retreat in the mountains, look no further than Buffalo Mountain Lodge. Although considered still in the Banff townsite, the Lodge feels as though it is a secluded retreat in the middle of the mountains. The rooms are tiny and dimly lit, but gives to the aura of romance. The smell and sound of the wood burning fireplace (that is in each individual room) adds to that charm. The outdoor hot tub is lovely, as is the steam room. Staff are very friendly and accomodating. We were there for a family wedding and my Grandfather became ill, staff were over immediately and were very helpful and concerned. Overall the food was great except for the 19 dollar brunch buffet that was not restocked and consisted of cold eggs benedict and a few grapes and melon at the bottom of the fruit salad bowl. In fairness, we did get there for 10:30, and the buffet ends at 11:00, but when you are paying that much, you expect a little more. :) The food at the wedding and the ambience was outstanding. The only thing that the guests and family did not appreciate was the cost of the booze. It was a cash bar and we were prepared for that, what we were not prepared for was the cost. Half a can of pop poured into a glass was 3.50. A bottle of Canadian was 8.75. Seriously? Felt like we were getting ripped off, which was a shame because everything else was so lovely. I highly recommend this resort for the staff, ambience and coziness, but if you are thinking about having a wedding here, I would seriously question the cost of alcohol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge