1,123 results
All reviewswolf condohourly shuttlebedroom condofull kitchentennis courtssofa bedshuttle servicegas fireplacethe outdoor hot tubmain buildinglake louiseshort drivecoffee makerski triptown centrecanadian rockiestimeshare
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We only stayed at this resort because the original hotel we were booked into (The Inns Of Banff) was disgusting. It was so bad that before we even got there, my brother had cancelled our reservation & changed hotels (within the same group ~ "Best Of Banff" ~ which they definately are not).

The room was clean although very very VERY old & quite run down. It was billed as a "Beatuiful 1 Bedroom with a wood buring fireplace". Which it was, but it was still about the size of a regular hotel room ~ just with with walls ~ making it so cramped.
It was still just a double bed (I expected bigger with a "bedroom suite")

The heat was stuck on, and so in December in the Mountains we slept with all the windows open. And still got the fan out of the closet & truned it on. It was like speeling in a Sauna. The worst sleep I've ever had at a hotel. PLUS, something in the heater "buzzed" all night so loud, even if we could have slept in the heat , it would have kept us awake anyway.

The bathroom bathtub was kind of gross. I didn't bathe my children in it ~ I made my 2 year old have a shower.

When I mentioned this to the person at the hotel desk at check out, they did take off $50 (on a $200 crappy room), but that didn't mean much since the 1 thing you expect in a hotel is to be able to sleep & we couldn't even do that.

3  Thank Tricia T
vickilynn_10, General Manager at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

I am truly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the resort. I am glad to hear that our Front Desk staff was attentive and addressed your concerns when you spoke to them. I agree that the one bedrooms are small for a family but they are a great size for a couple and they are, in fact, larger than a standard hotel room.

We do have 50 rooms to renoavte at the hotel and we have started the renovation program today so perhaps you will visit again to see the changes we have made.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your comments will help us improve the service we offer at the resort.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed here between Christmas and New Year's 2011. The resort is located just off the highway but we did not notice any traffic noise inside the unit at all. It is a short drive or a longer walk from downtown Banff. The two bedroom unit we had was clean and comfortable but really only suitable for four people. It would have been very crowded with six adults. Wood burning fireplace was great and wood was delivered very quickly. The upstairs bedrooms are both small - just enough room for queen beds, one side table and a medium sized armoire. There was a large hanging closet in the hallway outside trhe second floor bathroom which helped. Indoor/outdoor hot tubs were nice and pool area was clean. Bar/pub in main lodge seemed to be busy and food looked good although we did not eat there. Overall a good place to stay provided you're not looking for a large, timeshare style accomodation.

2  Thank dindin997

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the resort. We hope you enjoyed your stay in beautiful Banff National Park.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

First I want to express that we loved our stay at Rocky Mountain Resort and we really appreciated that our two dogs were welcome.The only concern was the lack of soundproofing between suites ...We could hear our neighbors just a little too clearly and we are sure they could hear us as well. Fortunately there were no parties nearby!

We stayed in a queen suite that was recently renovated with new kitchen appliances...dishwasher too. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Be sure to order the firewood package- $7-so you can fully appreciate your fireplace.

Room Tip: Ask for a one bedroom suite. The separate bedroom provides extra soundproofing.
1  Thank Jacksmom_9
vickilynn_10, General Manager at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

thank you for your comments. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the resort and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. We are working on the sound proofing between the units as we complete our renovations.

Best wishing for 2012.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

My boyfriend and I went to this hotel last weekend on a Friday night for an anniversary. The check-in guy was a trainee but he was very thorough on informing us of hotel amenities and also great advice on places to eat. The check-in process itself was efficient. When we got to our one bedroom loft(can't beleive the amazing price we paid for it by the way, great value!) we were both floored on the space. Our loft had a full kitchen, dinning table for two, gorgeous fireplace, tv, 2 bathrooms, and a bed upstairs in the loft with a pull out couch. The view was stunning. Our "cabin" was surrounded by trees and we were close to the highway but me being a light sleeper, I never woke up once from highway noise. Check out front desk guy was very pleasant. We will be back and I definately recomend this hotel to couples who want to get away for a night or two to a romantic atmosphere! Clean, comfortable, very affordable, and friendly staff...what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Make sure you spend the few bucks for firewood and kindle kit. The fireplace was a great added touch! Romance at it's finest!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gg33sunflower
vickilynn_10, General Manager at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

So pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend in Banff. We look forward to welcoming back to Banff and our resort.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

My wife and I stayed in the one bedroom condo. The suite was very nice and we liked that the kitchen area was upgraded with granite countertops, tiles, cabinets, appliances, etc.. The kitchen had all the utensils we needed and the appliances worked fine. I would suggest that they should have provided non-stick frying pans instead of the bare metal for easier cleaning. The bathroom was also very nice and upgraded with new fixtures, countertop, and a deep tub. I read some reviews that the rooms were not upgraded. Ours definately was upgraded so have no complaints in that regard. Our room was clean and had no odors when we walked in.

We did find that the suite was a little cramped though for our liking. The bedroom area didn't give you much room to move around and the bed wasn't very comfortable for us as was much firmer than would have preferred and probably the hardest of any hotel I stayed in that I can recall. The couch was the only place to sit in the suite (other than the kitchen tables) and was quite firm as well. At the end of our stay I found my back to be somewhat sore. The fireplace worked fine but the wood did not burn very well. I went into town and bought some other firewood and found it to be the same so maybe it is the company that is supplying the wood in general that is the problem. I had to split the wood into much smaller pieces so it would burn or else the larger pieces would just smolder. We wanted to stay in a resort that had a wood burning fireplace but if wasn't for my axe to split the wood it would have made the stay somewhat pointless if couldn't use the fireplace. The patio area was nice and we had a quiet area of the complex. We didn't have any problems with noice and had stayed over a long weekend.

We enjoyed the resort and the surroundings. I have been to Banff many times but the first time that I stayed at this resport. We were looking for something that had a kitchen to make most of our meals and a fireplace to sit in front for the ambience and particularly as winter was approaching. The staff were friendly and helpful. There are a couple restaurants and a bar in the resort but we didn't try them. Although the resort is on the outskirts of town, it is not far either. We didn't use the shuttle that runs hourly but others may find it useful. We didn't have any problems with the room itself and had plenty of hot water to shower. Had all the appliances including a toaster, coffee maker (not the tiny ones you get in most hotels), and a microwave. I would probably stay in a larger room the next time though or at least if it was more open instead of a seperate bedroom. If the bed and couch could be a little less harder to sit and sleep on, this would make my next stay more enjoyable.

I thought the price was reasonable and overall I would give a good to very good rating.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank John G
vickilynn_10, General Manager at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2011

Thank you for your candid comments about the resort.