“Halifax in Downtown Calgary”

Blowers and Grafton
Ranked #359 of 3,833 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We were in the area on a cold Calgary winter day and wanted to give this place a try based on the great TA reviews.

First of all, the parking in the area is pretty poor, but there is a pay parking lot across the street. No on street parking right by Blowers.

The place is small and will fill up quickly. We were quickly greeted and our drink orders taken by Hannah. They had some interesting draught beers along with the usual Keith's (light and red). My wife had the Mackay Peace Lager, very nice. I was driving, so I kept to coffee.

Our son joined us and we quickly ordered the deep fried pepperoni as a starter. The pepperoni came in quarter sized slices and also came with a spicy dipping sauce. It was very good and hit the spot while we were waiting for our mains.

My wife is allergic to shellfish and, since they only had the one fryer for all fried items, and since they deep fired scallops and clams, all fried items were off the list for her. So, she had the lobster rolls with a side of house salad instead of the fries (at an extra $3 for the salad). I had the scallops and chips and my son had the maple bacon salmon salad. We all enjoyed our food. The lobster rolls were three small buns filled with lobster and mayo and some green things, my scallops were perfectly fried and soft and the chips were very good. My son's salad earned high praise.

We finished with two blueberry grunt doughnuts, which my wife couldn't try since they were deep fried, but my son and I thought were very well done and tasty.

Service was great, the food was very good and the atmosphere was very Haligonian.

I hear their fish and chips are great as well and I must go back to try them.

Our bill total, before tip, was $86.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I love this place. If we don’t go once a month we get withdrawals. The donairs and garlic fingers are on point as well as the seafood and lobster rolls. Our family loves loves this place. Friendliest wait staff ever.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

First visit here. Heard lots of good things about this place. It has a good atmosphere, and our server was very friendly and attentive.
Several tables were eating pizza. Not what we came here for. The fish tacos were really good, and the fish and chips were even better. The fish was so light and flaky. Honestly the best I have ever had!
It is worth the time to go and check it out.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Donairs were out of this world! Just like the ones you get on Pizza corner downtown Halifax. My only dilemma is that I don't know what to try next. Everything on the menu looks amazing. For those who like Keith's light beer, they don't carry it however the owner recommended Moose Light and it was great! The donair pizza and lobster rolls looked really good too. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Shauna-Lisa O