“Poor service. Misleading menu.”

Raj Palace Restaurant
Ranked #951 of 3,856 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My visit to this downtown restrurant was a bad one. I ordered an item which had crispy written on the menu. When it arrived on my table it was soggy. The waiter acknowledged it was soggy and told me that's how it is. Although very disappointed I was hungry so I ate. The waiter never made any attempt to change the dish or even come to my table. I asked for the bill and pointed out to the cashier that the menu was misleading. But instead of understanding what I was saying the cashier kept arguing with me until I had to tell her to stop. There was no attempt to make the customer happy nor there was any attempt to keep my business. If you are looking for a quality restrurant with a good service, I wouldn't recommend this one.

6  Thank Marquis2014

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We went to this place recently and ordered for several dosas. Guess South Indian Dosa. Guess what - the Masala Dosa came with no Masala ! The chef then got us Masala on the side. Next on line was the chutney - that had hair in it... ugh... and to top it all when we asked for the dessert, they had run out of it.

I usually pen good reviews, but I don't know what to write about this one, unless someone wants to clarify the same or was it that we got a differential treatment...

6  Thank Sudhish P
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Raj Palace at Midnapore, South Calgary, is best for Masala dosa, Paper dosa, plain dosa Utthapam. Those are simply delicious.
Try their Coffee, Great Indian taste in Coffee- you will experience “chumuke chamak” (one sip to surprise).
Chef's special is very good but price is on higher side.
Location is good but small place.

2  Thank Debasis B
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This restaurant is a nice addition to all the other Indian restaurants in Calgary. Place is small so may have to wait for a table at times. The owner and his wife are there to give a personal touch.the chef comes out as well to make sure that the food is to your satisfaction. The masala Dosai is very good ,chicken vepudu,is quite spiced if you like spicy food.Service can be slow when they are busy but the owner is at your table chatting.they are planning to open two more restaurants in the city. I hope that they do not over extend and the quality of the food does not drop off.

2  Thank Premkumar C
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We ordered for my family, dosas for each, biryani, garlic naan ,plain naan & gravy. Food was good. While I was eating, My daughter was shouting,"mom! Hair in the biryani". I told her, "are you sure? May be some veg.'s part looks like". She said " I am sure". Then I wore my glass and see that it was "a tiny hair". After that we ate with some spoiling our mood.

1  Thank Uma P