“Decent food, excellent shisha”

Arch Persian Lounge
Ranked #1,580 of 3,834 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Persian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9 Ave & 11th St
Transit: There is a bus stop in front of the restaurant at 9th ave and 11th street
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Away from all the other loud and tightly packed shisha lounges in Calgary, this is a nice quiet gateway if you just want to smoke good quality shisha and have a real conversation with your friends without having to scream on top of your lungs.

Shisha quality is excellent and food is about average. The service is really good.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I've been a regular here for a few years. Good Flavors and all natural coconut coals! Your best relaxing experience is between 5-730 on any day. Parking is free after 6 on the street. Dylan is a super worker, he is always there with coals and service before you even notice it. Sam will make you a delicious custom pipe and have it ready as you sit down. I dont recommend going late unless you don't mind waiting for your coals and a busy atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Arch has a great atmosphere. Great for catching up with friends while enjoying hookah. Unfortunately, the service was rather slow once it picked up in the evening. I had the vine leaves which were tasty and the lamb dish, not so much lamb for what I paid, and too much rice.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

I wanted to like this place, but it is horrible. The good reviews are old, must have been a different menu, different owner.

A friend and I went for dinner/ sheesha. I didn't smoke any sheessha but when I left I felt like I'm going to pass out, so dizzy just from breathing the smoke(and I love sheesha). I had a garbage falafel, and by garbage I mean (I think) I ate lettuce with old bread and at one point I tasted a pickle.

I also smelled like burnt garbage after leaving.

Can't believe this place is popular, must be due to the lack of good sheesha places in Calgary. Still, ANY of them are better than this one. Spend your dollars elsewhere.

1  Thank Cassandra M
Reviewed 27 October 2016

we were at the arch lounge for dinner we enjoyed very much .it was our first time but for sure we will go there again and again thank you