“Surf and Turf at its best”

Rodney's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Rodney's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 3,756 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ready for seafood Calgary? Rodney's downtown Oyster Bar offers up some of the best oysters in Calgary, along with live lobster, and other daily fresh seafood choices. Join us at the Oyster House, grab some take out or have us cater your next party.
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stumbled on this place on our way to 17th Street. Happy hour 3 - 6. Very spacious restaurant well laid out with friendly staff. It was cold outside and snowing. A bowl of Clam Chowder was well received with more Clam then potato. Warmed the cockles. Main meal Surf and Turf. A beautifully cooked fillet of beef with large scallops washed down with a glass of prosecco. Little gem.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We have been to Rodney's often and are never disappointed. This time we went specifically to enjoy "The Wild Turkey Bourbon Event" which was nicely organized flowing seamlessly from appetizer, main dishes, to dessert. Expertly designed with each dish building on the other not overpowering the unique taste of the food or bourbon served.
The service was first rate. We were greeted by Gina (event organizer); attended to by knowledgeable servers who understood the food and bourbon; Brad (GM) chatted to make certain we were taken care of and to top the event we were visited by Chef Carson.
In short, we were treated as important guests to a unique and memorable night with our friends.
I would recommend Rodney's Oyster House without hesitation to anyone who is interested in an easy dinner/lunch/after work reprieve or special/catered event.
We have been many times and never disappointed.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

If you want to experience seafood - as if you were in Vancouver or Seattle - than Rodneys is the closest you will get in Calgary! The oysters are fresh and shucked at the bar for all to see. The service of the wait staff is always amazing, to the point where, after only going 3 times in 2017 - you remember them - such as Rob whom I assume is the floor manager. You feel welcome, the atmosphere is gorgeous and the food is perfect - especially that chowder! None of that flour nasty stuff. I always get the Fish & Chips and if you can splurge, their lobster & crab is fresh and flavorful. Dessert is perfect and they have many variations of oysters to choose from. Even the steak was great!
I decided to book a room for my birthday - and the service didn't faulter and the food - even better. Our small group of 10 was well cared for, and booking was easy and carefree with Gina - who was accommodating and welcome.
Will always be my go to for my cravings - and I highly suggest for parties and date night. They have room for all of it!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

My wife and I stopped at this location for a happy hour drink and to try their fresh oysters on a half shell. We were very impressed by both the oysters and the excellent service.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I had heard Rodney's was very good, and our overly friendly waiter told us they had the best seafood in Calgary. Well, no, they don't. The Oysters Rockefeller and Manhattan clam chowder were both very good. For some reason, the menu only tells you the name of the entrees, nothing else, so the waiter had to go through each one with us. My husband ordered the Lobster Roll, which was a tiny amount of lobster on a small bun. Luckily it came with fries. I got the Shrimp and Scallop Pasta, which was linguine topped with two scallops and two shrimp. It was tasty, but the skimpy amount of seafood in both our $25 entrees was almost comical. We each had a pint of beer and coffees after and our dinner came to $134 before tip. Much better seafood and way better prices to be had at the Atlantic Tap and Gill.

2  Thank Lori H