“My favourite Ethiopian restaurant!”
Review of Fassil

Fassil
Ranked #468 of 3,664 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

My all time favourite Ethiopian restaurant. I've been there couple of times with friends and always enjoyed the food. Not an expert on Ethiopian food but I've loved this one much better than the other ones I tried.. I love to share it on the big plate but always end up fighting with my friend! Haha! My fav ones are the fish, lentils, cabbage and chicken. The blend of all the sauces on enjera is just out of this world! Also I love the coffee here. It's aroma is something unforgettable! Very reasonable pricing and you're sure to leave with a happy tummy! Thank you for your wonderful service and quality food.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I love the this place a lot the food is fantastic I have tried multiple dishes here & all of them rocked. The dishes are all served on enjera, which is a sourdough flat bread, which you use as your fork & spoon & it also taste great. The dishes I would recommend would be the Doro Tibbs its a chicken dish with green peppers & onion its spicy but not ruin your night spicy. The Mirs Wot is a lentil dish with onions, garlic, ginger in a turmeric sauce. Keye Wot is a cubed beef with onions rich spicy berberie sauce & is my favourite. Alicha is a cabbage, potato & carrot dish. I would recommend all them.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Few days ago I went to Fassil for the first time in Calgary and I left the restaurant with a pleasent feeling: I ate authentic Ethiopian food.
I'm not an expert but I've eaten before African in a Eritrean family and the flavours and the dishes they looked exactly the same to me.
The meat cooked in the typical sauce was too hot for me. It was tasty and I liked it but, I'm not used to eat super spicy food.
Be sure to wash your hands because you are going to eat with your fingers only, so, if you don't like to be messy you are not going to like it!

Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

The best Ethiopian food in Calgary can be had here! The incredible flavours in each dish and the large vegetarian selection has me coming back again and again. The service was fantastic and I'd recommend this place to anyone interested in unique and flavourful dining.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

We went as a group of 7 this time and they are so accommodating. Some of the group does not like food too spicy and some extra spicy. They were able to split up some of the combos into spicy and mild. It is never fast but it is worth the wait. We have been to many Ethiopian restaurants in Calgary and Vancouver and this ranks up there as one of the best. It isn't fancy but it is clean, tasty and the aromas is to die for. Highly recommended in Calgary.