“Best Ethiopian food in Canada!”
Review of Fassil

Fassil
Ranked #423 of 3,644 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Fassil is the rneal deal. The food is excellent, the host is kind and friendly, the injera is authentic teff - you will not be disappointed! Go for an experience, and you'll keep coming back for the great food and hospitality.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

We have eaten here a couple of times and have enjoyed the sourdough flat bread topped with various chicken, beef or lentil dishes. The flavours were delicious, the service was very accommodating and who doesn't like eating with their hands! Give it a try -- you will have fun and you will leave with a very full tummy!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Went to Fassil for our first time on a Sunday night with another couple. It was very quiet. We eat Ethiopian food regularly. We're vegetarians, and as usual had a vegetarian platter. Not out of this world, but good food, and a very friendly and attentive server. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

My all time favourite Ethiopian restaurant. I've been there couple of times with friends and always enjoyed the food. Not an expert on Ethiopian food but I've loved this one much better than the other ones I tried.. I love to share it on the big plate but always end up fighting with my friend! Haha! My fav ones are the fish, lentils, cabbage and chicken. The blend of all the sauces on enjera is just out of this world! Also I love the coffee here. It's aroma is something unforgettable! Very reasonable pricing and you're sure to leave with a happy tummy! Thank you for your wonderful service and quality food.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I love the this place a lot the food is fantastic I have tried multiple dishes here & all of them rocked. The dishes are all served on enjera, which is a sourdough flat bread, which you use as your fork & spoon & it also taste great. The dishes I would recommend would be the Doro Tibbs its a chicken dish with green peppers & onion its spicy but not ruin your night spicy. The Mirs Wot is a lentil dish with onions, garlic, ginger in a turmeric sauce. Keye Wot is a cubed beef with onions rich spicy berberie sauce & is my favourite. Alicha is a cabbage, potato & carrot dish. I would recommend all them.