“Great food / Great staff / Great price”

Blue Orchid Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #450 of 2,615 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$2 - US$27
Reviewed 19 January 2018

very friendly place. excellent food and price. lunch specials are really good
authentic chinese food / very good flavor

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

They serve different styles of Chinese food. Service is nice. Food is made quite fast. Quantity is good. Price is reasonable. The quality of the food is descent, taste is average.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We went here for lunch and I usually get the lunch special for myself. Serving size is always perfect for me to share with my 12yo son (if I get an extra serving of rice). Sweet and sour pork was cooked fresh. My husband always gets the big bowl of brisket noodle soup. Prices are very reasonable. The male server always gives us something complimentary towards the end of our visit. When I was pregnant he offered me mango pudding. For this last visit, he offered us ice cream since he said he remembered me during our last visit. He is a charmer! Would recommend this place!

1  Thank laqui2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We are new to Edmonton and we've tried a few Chinese restaurants here looking for our go to Chinese food and Blue Orchid is officially our favourite! We had ma po tofu, Szechuan eggplant, hot pork and fried tofu, as well as the pineapple chicken balls. If you're looking for good authentic Chinese food this place is perfect, just ask for the Chinese menu. Our server, Alex, was really friendly and very helpful. He went out of his way to make sure our experience was good and we really appreciated it! This is definitely going to be a regular spot for us.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Nice location on Jasper Ave. Parking will be challenging of course. Very clean. Servers are excellent. Alex is a charmer and makes the place memorable. But what I really came for is Ginger Beef and boy did I get it. The best Ginger beef I've had. Made fresh, nice and crispy. No stringy beef, good quality, perfect batter and again - CRISPY!

Went twice and it was no fluke, both times were great. Vegetables and rice very good also. Nice Won ton soup. Prices very reasonable. Only complaint was the chicken balls were all batter. Great service, great food at reasonable prices.