“Excellent Food, Humble Atmosphere”

Grandin Fish 'N' Chips
Ranked #263 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Seafood restaurants seem to overdo the decor so much that you feel like you’re literally in a boat on the sea. Netting and plastic fish everywhere. Grandin Fish and Chips manages to tone this down perfectly. Here, instead, you feel more like you’re dining in a large home kitchen on the coast of Nova Scotia or a similar place. It’s warm, homey, and tastefully modern.

The cod and chips is simply done and all the better for it. No special treatment that I could see or taste, although the chips have an incredibly satisfying crunch. For dessert, the Chocolate Neptune is delicious and perfect for a couple, and even my two friends and I split it three ways and felt quite full after everything.

Our waiter was not intuitive when it came to communicating inclusively, as they kept defaulting to speech rather than incorporating both speech and writing/typing. I suggest the team review their behaviours in order to serve a diverse neighbourhood. This is the one opportunity that held my review back from a full 5 stars.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a new place to eat out close to my work, so I used trip advisor to look for a new restaurant. Found this place & the food was pretty good. I recommend it if you are looking for fish & chips

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Another new addition to our restaurant selection in our city.
They opened few months ago. Being so far away from the ocean it is difficult to find a restaurant that serves "good fish & chips" here. I have tried most of them, but, so far Grandin has been the best. I hope they maintain the same level of service. They are very well organized, especially at lunch time or rush hour. Because of this you don't have to wait very long for your meal. Parking in the area is quite challenging.
We ordered the day special, halibut, it was so good.
It is rather a small place, very cozy, very busy with the locals that work in the area.
We plan to go back there many times.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

very good tasting food, sauces and sides. amount is a bit small compared to other fish and chip places, so I rated it as average. I'll go back but not frequently. Perhaps with enough customers, they can afford to be a bit more generous on the fish portion.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is not fancy but it does provide very good fish - we love the pan fried cod when we try to eat a bit healthier. Parking is a challenge sometime but there are options within a couple of blocks. It is the best seafood restaurant we have found so far in Edmonton.