“Yang Ming Buffet”
Review of Yang Ming Buffet

Yang Ming Buffet
Ranked #446 of 2,623 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The restaurant is closed on Tuesday. Not visible from the road so you need to know it is there to find it. We dined there last night and have a few comments, First off, we did not ask the cost as my husband had eaten there during the week and at lunch time so assumed it would be in the 17 dollar price range. We were wrong, 26.95 per person on a Sunday night was what we were charged...and that was the seniors price. A bit steep in our opinion but it is what it is, The selection was good with fresh California rolls and sushi to start. There was a hunk of beef on the steam table that was blood red and not cooked enough in my mind. Some people prefer their beef to not moo when you cut into it, just sayin. Salads appeared fresh but nothing out of the ordinary for a salad bar and the wonton soup was flavorful. We enjoyed spring rolls and other tidbits with our soup and they were not as hot as they probably should have been, but tasty. Good selection of hot oriental dishes but again nothing out of the ordinary. The crabs legs were good tasting so that probably accounted for the price. Nice that they had ice cream and small cakes for dessert and there was a nice variety to choose from. The service was great and the staff was very friendly. We noticed a lot of oriental families eating there so that is always a good sign. We would go back but only for lunch as the price was a lot less.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Came here while on business in Edmonton. I left stuffed to the brim and wanting more. First time here and will come again when in the area.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

staying at the travel lodge east and noticed this restaurant and boy I am glad I did!! top three for selection and taste ever for a chinese buffet and I check em out in every city or town I have ever been to or worked in! You get a full buffet, huge sushi bar, dim sum, awesome wonton soup with high quality wontons, awesome beef roasts, western cuisine, lobster and crab legs alternate days of the week, refills on drinks, huge hard icecream choices, lots of deserts with great service with many smiles, buffet table is always added to and kept fresh!! I highly recommend this buffet restaurant!! my sons and coworkers have eaten here numerous times this past couple weeks and all enjoyed the meals and setting - great place great food - go stuff yourself with a huge selection!

2  Thank Dwayne M
Reviewed 25 September 2017

This restaurant has replaced a more traditional one in the Edmonton Travelodge East. I was very tired after a 13 hour drive and was happy to find food in the hotel. The bright spacious restaurant with well laid out food tables was encouraging. The food was very nicely presented and there were many choices, including a Sushi Chef preparing fresh sushi at one end of the room. I found the selection almost mind boggling in the number and variety of dishes. There is a range of dishes ranging from what we might call "American" Chinese to much more traditional offerings. On top of that the price was very reasonable, especially given the range of offerings.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I will Return again and again to sample the Dim Sum, Sushi, Tepanini, Chinese buffet, Roast beef, dessert buffet, ice cream. New renovation is sleek, clean with many different areas to dine. Even private group areas are available

1  Thank prairielily56