All reviewswestwood innnice hotelfront desk staffwest sidelots of parkingone night stayeasy accessminute drivewest edmontonsheriffmall
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Not overly impressed with this place. Our ball team stayed here. Next time I would stay somewhere else. Room had crumbs on desk area. Left early morning to play ball and returned late afternoon and room had not been made up.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dtees801775
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed there with the family. It's clean and conveniently located near Walmart. The price is good, the views are not great, service was quite good. They have VLTs downstairs and don't use them unless you plan on losing your hard earned cash. Your's truly - Mr Suitcase

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came up for a three night stay. It was $4 cheaper a night than our regular hotel and had a pool so we thought we would give it a shot.

Well immediately we found out that when we booked the room it said we would have a jetted tub but when we got there they told us it was a first come first serve basis. So I wasn’t overly impressed with that but with later investigating found the first come first serve basis in the fine print. Still wasn’t impressed though.

The room was mediocre though. The tv was situated at the side of the room, bit of an awkward viewing angle. There was no microwave when we came but they were able to provide one, which is good.

During our stay we had to call front desk a decent amount of times and a few of those times nobody would answer. Not exactly reliable. Some of the complaints is my key didn’t work so I went to get it fixed, and it didn’t work still. They programmed a new key for me and it still didn’t work. They also ran out of some supplies that they would normally refill in our room every night. We found an old coffee cup under our sofa, so not the most thorough cleaning services. We also found two dirty plates by the vending machine.

Multiple ice machines were broken, and it was on me to find one that worked after asking front desk three times. I checked four different machines on three different floors, got my steps in at least. I ended up grabbing ice from the restaurant in the hotel. Again, not that convenient.

The pool was quite small and situated right at the front of the hotel so everyone coming in can see you swim. It isn’t that big and whenever we tried to go it was quite full. We got to use it one night but some kids were being a bit disrespectful of people’s personal space so we didn’t overly get an opportunity to enjoy the pool. It’s a salt water pool though, so that is cool.

The main benefit to this place is that it provides you with a close proximity to the West Ed Mall and other amenities, like superstore for some groceries for the hotel.

Not horrible but probably won’t stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SoulRev12
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Very clean and comfortable room. The beds were comfortable. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. For example.....when showing me my room, the receptionist noticed a crying baby across the hall. So she gave us a different floor..without my saying a word.
Also: They willingly brought us an extra chair for our room....no complaints at all.
Only wish there a been a free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018

The staff was helpful and friendly. They took my stay to the next level. I had never been to Edmonton and they helped me around the city. I needed to get some quick business done during my holiday and the staff also made this so much easier on me. Ill be back next Summer, what a great place to visit!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family