All reviewstower rooms aredennys restaurantwasher dryerking suitewalk in showercomfortable bedsbreakfast barupon checkenjoyed my staystaying at this hotelreno
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This hotel was amazing! Upon check in they greeted me as the owner of a large group booking and took care of all our needs. I was given a room for a pizza party, offered wonderful hospitality, and they were flexible when I had to make some changes.
The room I booked was a king suite and it was fantastic. New, clean, had a kitchen with stove and dishwasher. I had a washer/dryer in the room. The pullout was larger as it was a sectional. We had a balcony that was a good size for us to sit and relax.
The pool atrium was a great place for many families to sit around and chat and have a bite to eat while the kids swam.
Our bed was very comfortable and having a king helped.
I have enjoyed my stay as have many of our guests that were in our block booking. We look forward to coming back to this hotel again next year.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
GM-Sandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. It gives us great pleasure and confidence to serve our customers even better with brighter Smile:)
Looking forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We met Dilshiraz Singh at the front desk and he ensured our family felt at home. We brought our small dog, a pregnant mother to be and two step kids. Quite a hand full. Dilshiraz ensured we were comfortable and received the support for my 14 year old son's Slurpee Cup soccer tournament June 1-3 2018.

I would recommend arriving and asking the front desk how their day is going. Treat them like family and you will receive the same in return.

Trav

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Travis B
GM-Sandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi Travis
Thank you so much for your kind words. This means a lot to Dilshiraz and our whole front desk team. We at Sandman pride ourself to make you feel at home. Looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My nieces U18 volleyball tournament was happening nearby so this was the hotel that was recommended to her and her teammates. On the first day of the tournament their rooms were ransacked and their items stolen. The hotel manager was unsympathetic and stated that there are no cameras in that part of the hotel; a whole wing! He tried to say that they all left their rooms unlocked (on doors that automatically lock). The police have no leads since there is no security footage. The corporate office who contacted the parents and promised resolution and restitution has not done anything. I will never give this hotel or the chain mine or my family's business again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

This was listed as the host hotel for the hockey camp my son attended. There was a crazy mix up of the reservation which took at least 20 minutes for them to figure out. As a result I watched many people coming and going. The sliding doors were out of service so I watched people struggle with their luggage as they pulled a separate door open, in particular seniors. Once in the lobby looks decent with the exception of the slate floor that is mostly missing the glaze.

We were on the second floor and the elevator was out of service so we had to lug everything up about 8 steps. I watched many seniors struggle with the same issue.

Our room was right at the top of those stairs so we became familiar with the thud, thud, thud, very quickly.

The rooms were okay as they had been upgraded including a decent carpet. No microwave or fridge which was a surprise however once we asked for these they were immediately brought up so no complaints.

Overall comfortable beds, pillows, decent bedding and slept relatively well. The tv was okay size but no HD.

The next evening was all together different. After midnight, we heard very intoxicated people below our room outside and the arguing and swearing was inappropriate to say the least and by 0300 I was not happy! I finally called downstairs and the person who I talk to was aware of the situation and was going to deal with it. Regardless of what the guy said, it continued.

I spoke with the manager the following morning and he said he had gone to the guests 3 times. My question to him was why he did not call the police given they were standing outside, extremely intoxicated, belligerent and ignored his requests? He did not have a answer. Others gathered in the lobby as I was having this conversation and said they didn’t get any sleep and would never return because they too had called to complain. I really believe it was not safe for one person to deal with those individuals. The manager quit talking and we all walked away disappointed with his lack of response.

Despite my son yawning on the ice all day he did have a good camp and can brag to his friends he’s now heard every swear word known to man thanks to the clowns who were obliterated outside our window.

Pros: free parking, decent rooms, decent sized tv, mattress comfortable, sheets and towels good, good location, responded quickly with microwave and fridge when requested.

Cons: construction zone so no automatic doors or elevators, no bell hops to assist the shelter,

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed there with 2 hockey teams and it was the perfect venue!! They blocked basically onfloor for just us. Kids did not get in trouble once.front desk staff? Super friendly and accommodating. Pool and hot tub was super. Kids swam for hours. Having a dennys restaurant is very handy AND they allowed us to book and stay another night, and only charge the group rate. Saved $41. Phenomenal service!!
We will certain stay again. And recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family