“CHURROS”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I didn’t even know this was a chain!

I’m from Toronto and while visiting Edmonton ended up at Local. It was just like my go-to spot at home. Good eats and man I love those churros!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I ate here while visiting family in Edmonton. The food was pretty good but nothing special. The music was very loud to the point that it was hard to hear anyone at the table. It resembled more of a bar than an restaurant.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Love this place - great prices, great service, and great food. The mystery white wine us fabulous and the burgers are the best in Edmonton. And I'm REALLY particular about my burgers!!! Can't say enough about how much I love coming here - it's a favorite haunt of mine.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

On holiday in Edmonton, and a rainy afternoon was well distracted by a visit to The Local. A fun outing started off by warm welcomes from a cheerful team of wait and bar staff, and carried forward with excellent service throughout our 2 hour visit. Being a "Limey on Tour" I experienced a concept not offered in the UK( only on request, and often reluctantly) the opportunity for samples, and without taking liberties this was done more than once. Had four different beers ( not all pre-sampled !) and enjoyed in particular the wheat beer.
Fully aware that many think the Brits like and drink warm beer, not true, but a constructive comment from my Canadian holiday, is that the flavour of the great beers drunk throughout the trip was impacted by very cold beer served in frosted glasses; gre|Nt for lager type beers when quenching a big thirst. N;netheless the visit to The Local was not negatively impacted by the coldness of the beer; made up more than adequately by the atmosphere, beer selection, delicious food and well trained friendly, and professional staff.I`ll be popping in on the next trip to Edmonton.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I enjoyed the spicy burger very much, it was one of the best in Alberta - very well seared crust and great flavour, good bun. The fries were boring shoestring that you could find at McDonald's.

The service was the all-too familiar young women in short shorts who don't actually provide a knowledgable and attentive service. The bar server brought drinks over and dropped the glass of beer in the middle of the table (spilling some in the process), without actually serving it to anyone at the table in particular. She looked at the table and made no eye contact and said nothing. Our meal server took a very long time to take our order even though the room was less than half full.

I would hope that lots of diners would agree that we don't care what the server looks like, please hire people who know the menu and who are there to make your dining experience as great as possible. Of course this is primarily a management and training issue - expect more.