“Art and Architecture”

Art Gallery of Alberta
Ranked #23 of 188 things to do in Edmonton
More attraction details
Owner description: The Art Gallery of Alberta is a centre of excellence for the visual arts in Western Canada, connecting people, art and ideas. The AGA is focused on the development and presentation of original exhibitions of contemporary and historical art from Alberta, Canada and around the world. The AGA also offers a full-range of art education and public programs.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The Art Gallery of Alberta is a must see if only for the building itself. The walls swoop and curve and create a wonderful aesthetic. The art installations are rotated every so often so it is hard to predict if there will be something to interest everyone on any given day. We watch the web for exhibits that interest us and have been pleased with the installations that we saw.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first time going to an art gallery & I only went because my 16 year-old daughter wanted to go for her birthday. I am very happy that she expanded my world! The gallery was amazing & we had a very good time. It took us about an hour and a half to complete all three levels. It was very enjoyable & I would recommend that everyone should experience it once. It sure expanded my horizons & views on art.

YourAGA2016, Public Relations Manager at Art Gallery of Alberta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thanks for the great review Tina. We're so glad you and your daughter enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I found the exhibits to be a bit disappointing. The biennial artist exhibit had some interesting pieces and some pretty put there. There was very little of the permanent collection on display though they were setting up one area which wasn't open. The building is very nice though.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My girlfriend and I started off our evening at the art gallery. We spent an hour and a half wandering around the two floors that were open. The third floor was closed to move in a new exhibit.

I probably wouldn't like paying full price to go, so take advantage of the free evenings. That being said, the art gallery needs financial support.

The exhibits were all interesting, and gave us some good conversation topics on the date! I will go back when they have new features.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I visited this gallery with one of my friends in the morning. It was not crowded at all and the addmission was free for students. There is a coffee shop at the top floor with a few chairs outside on the roof, it is a little pricy but it worth it to order a coffee to enjoy the view.