“Pretty goo Chinese restaurant”
Review of Cafe De Tropika

Cafe De Tropika
Ranked #347 of 2,623 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Right off of Calgary trail south by 23rd avenue, so conveniently located from the hotel I was staying in. One minute from the hotel so I popped in not expecting much. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Food was very good. I think they serve Hong Kong style Chinese food.

1  Thank tedbrook111

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I stopped here, hoping for the chinese food I am familiar with . Nope. Its real Chinese food, I played it safe and ordered a Hunan Chicken dish, it was probably a quarter of a chicken, sliced into about 8 pieces, bone in. It was good, fried rice was good too, the veggies were a slaw, not as good
Service was fantastic, presentation was very nice.
When I went to leave and had a look around, out of about 30 customers, I was the only non-asian, probably speaks volumes about the authenticity. Very pleased I stopped.

1  Thank EMS61
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I called ahead to order their special fried rice and an order of spring rolls. Both were ready within ten minutes and both were tasty. Next time we will go in and order from their varied menu. I have heard many wonderful things about this restaurant from my Asian friends and they are picky about where they eat Chinese food.

1  Thank kpatters
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Wide choice of interesting dishes, nice vegetarian selection. Food is flavorful and portions are bigger than average. Prices are low considering the quality. Alcohol free venue, not even beer!

1  Thank Full Metal J
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I was borned and raised in Hong Kong for the first 11 years of my life and now lived in Vancouver for about 18 years that followed. Now residing in Grande Prairie, this restaurant is literally the closest legit HK style food that i can find. I can guartnee the food choices, quality and taste are quite authentic.