“dishes are really big portions.”

Good Buddy Restaurant
Ranked #436 of 2,615 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 16 March 2016

there are quite a few restaurants in the same area, they all have much higher prices than good buddy and i have been to them all. taste wise, i really don't see the difference except their much high prices. the big plus in good buddy is that its dishes are really big portions, much bigger portions than other restaurants. maybe that's why the restaurant is always packed on weekends and most of the time, you have to wait for a table. our favorites are chicken with garlic and soya sauce, salty chicken, peking pork chop, deep fried salt and pepper squid, stir fried mixed vegetable with garlic sauce and string beans with garlic sauce. we can never finish the food and have to doggy bag the rest home.
however, DO NOT order take outs, i find that take outs don't taste as good. probably because by the time we get home, its either soggy or overcooked. its overcooked because hot food in a container keeps its moisture and heated.
service is always good. highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

It is certainly hard to find good, quality chinese food in Edmonton. I've found a few okay places in town but I've yet to been impressed by any single one. Good Buddy is definately NOT one of them. This has to be the WORST chinese food I've had yet. The vegetable were overcooked and soggy, the beef and pork dishes felt like rubber and the chow mien noodles were a mixture of crunchy and soft. The lemon chicken (which is my go to dish when ordering chinese) was dry and lemon sauce tasted horrible. It seemed as though all the dishes have a layer cooking oil on them and all started to taste the same after awhile. What a waste of $70.00!!! I also when back to ask for my money back. I would definatley not recommend eating here...you can likely get better Chinese food in a food court than this place.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

This is a hidden place that basically offers little more than great food at a great price. Although our bill for 6 came to $100 with tip there was lots of leftovers to take home. The selections are mostly a little unfamiliar to westerners such as pumpkin coconut pork or brisket with eggplant. There is more flavour than many chinese dishes at other places. Once we ordered, the food started coming almost immediately. It was busy but we showed up after the noon rush and were seated without waiting.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

Stop here when I'm nearby for wonton soup and deep fried spicy squid. Soup is always fresh tasting and squid is not too spicy. Service is good and food comes quick.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

What can I say, the title say it all. This is a very popular chinese restaurant. Be prepare to wait in queue for 15mins or more for dinner.

Once seated, everything was excellent. We went for the choose 4 dishes menu for our family dinner of 4 adults. We chose the fish fillet with corn sauce, crispy chicken, seafood tofu dish and pork chop in special sauce. In addition to this, they provide without charge the soup of the day, 2 type barbecue meat and for dessert the red bean soup ... In a way 7 dishes. These dishes are very tasty ... very authentic chinese food and of amount that can feed 6 adults. I can see why this restaurant is so popular ... worth the 20 minutes wait.

Even though the restaurant is pack, there was no "push" to hurry our dinner ... we have a great family time and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The price tag came to cheap $89 - inclusive of tips and the 3 pack leftover takeout.