“Great wings - fish just ok”

Atlantic Trap and Gill
Ranked #1,170 of 2,614 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Visited the Atlantic Trap and Grill for dinner. My wife had the "Wednesday" wings @ $0.40 per wing. They were excellent, especially the salt and pepper ones. I had the Fisherman's Supper and was less impressed. The clam strips were fine as was the cod but the scallops were tasteless. The fries appeared to be homemade and were less than good. The ambiance seems authentic enough as I felt we were eating in the ocean under fishing nets.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Being from NS I thought I would support an Atlantic Canadian style pub. The waitress (who turned out to be part owner) was very friendly and recommended the seafood pasta and mentioned she had whole clams (not those strip things). Well I have eaten in some very expensive restaurants all over the world and have never had a better seafood pasta. Fresh mussels, shrimp and scallops throughout. And for only $13. The clams were also delicious and a treat if you are missing them from back home. Also she had brothers pepperoni just like the trailer park boys love. Do not be fooled or turned off by the simple look of the pub, the food is unbelievably good and fresh for very little $. I will be back next time I am in Edmonton for certain.

1  Thank Westscotian
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Food was ok , nice to see east coast items such as fried pepperoni and donairs. Inside was well decorated and gave an authentic east coast fishing shanty feel . Only real way to improve would be the food, I had fisherman plate and fish and breaded scallops were over cooked . Beer was also served in a warm glass ... At least I knew it was clean

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Very excited for some good seafood. Ordered the mussels in garlic butter. Portion was really small, and unfortunately they were almost too salty to eat. Fries were actually too salty to eat. My partner ordered battered cod and the fish was grey when he cut into it. We won't be going back - lots of better options in the area.

1  Thank coocookuchoo
Reviewed 10 November 2014

We went the the Atlantic Trap and Gill for a stagette last weekend and had a blast!! The service was great! The bouncers took care of my drunk friends and made sure they were ok. The food was good! The band Dirty Pool were fantastic! It was my first time there and I will certainly be back!!