“Always good but a little over priced. ”

Captain Scott's Fish & Chips
Ranked #405 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

The staff are great the food is always fresh however they are a bit pricey. It's a good place once and a while of your on a budget. Always friendly and very clean.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Closest fish n chips to our new location. Was busy, strangest menu I've ever seen with Asian bubble tea and appetizers.

The combo platters just didn't have the combinations we were craving so we got individual fishes instead. Took some time to get our meals and they didn't have ingredients to make bubble tea either, should have a notice up at least. All Asian staff/owners so that explained the menu. Go up to counter and order, they bring plate to you.

Batter was thick, greasy & bland, portions were big but still not satiated. We had haddock and cod. Tartar sauce came in mini packages from Kraft, even more disappointing. They forgot our beverages.

For the wait, cost and service, not worth rushing out too; will stick with Brits.

2  Thank soda_johnny
Reviewed 17 March 2015

We went to try Captain Scotts on a whim. I love classic fish and chips so I had high expectations. I loved the friendly service. Service was definitely a 5/5! It is a clean abd well lit place for sure. The wait was a bit long but it means fresh food so it was worth it! The portions of chips at first look small but u definitely leave full! I would love real potato skin chips but these do nicely. I love tartar sauce and they serve single packets so u need to open at least 2-3 for on piece of fish. Would love to see a squeeze bottle or tartar for the future. That is all. Go try it out, u won't regret it!

1  Thank gmcdonald7
Reviewed 30 September 2014

You just can't beat their 1 Piece Cod and Chips lunch special with soft drink. The service is always friendly and the piece of chocolate is a nice touch. I try to eat there once a week.

2  Thank DPiggyM
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Having moved from England some years ago I was always on the look-out for fish & chips as good as from there. Unfortunately every Fish & Chip restaurant has come up short. Until I tried Captain Scott's Fish & Chips. Although a bit on the expensive side, they are the closest to English fish & chips that I have eaten in the Edmonton area. The manager/owner was very friendly and courteous and it was nice talking to him whilst waiting for my order.