“rude management/staff, terrible palabok”
Review of Palabok House

Palabok House
Ranked #1,521 of 2,575 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 21 April 2015

we went there twice and never ever will return again unless invited for an occasion.... 1st time with our friends from Calgary, our server was rude it takes 45 minutes for our food to arrive, and the last food to arrive was the fried rice so the main dishes are already warm not hot, our server was interrupting our discussion and correcting our opinions, some said he is part of the management. 2nd time with my wife, went there for lunch buffet and we didn't know that it was over before asking the lady in the dining area which looks like one of the owner perhaps and she said, HANGGANG 2PM LANG KAMI ( we only serve till 2pm ) without even looking at us but we could still see her face, without smiling, she immediately turn her back on us. and considering the name PLABOK HOUSE, we were expecting the best palabok in Edmonton but I was disappointed, the color and taste looks like artificial flavoring was used, I don't know how do they make it but for us the palabok in streets back in our country is way better when it comes to taste and presentation... I will never recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

Servers don't know what is in their food. I ask about a kind of meat and she was like "beef". After 5 mins,went to grab more of the mushroom mixed with beef (my thought ) and she have use a stico and amarker to write pork on it. I don't eat pork lol, but have just had a full bowl. And when I told the same server, she just smiled and walked away. Not even sorry.

Reviewed 3 November 2014

We had a terrible experience in this restaurant. The server was so rude. To the extent that he even asked my friend to grab some water for us? But when I told him that the food should be free coz my friend will be the one to get those glasses of water instead of him, he right away served the water. I was so pissed off when I heard him saying those words. I was like where the hell are we?? But there's more. When we were done placing our orders he removed the menu from the table and said this "Baka gawing nyong placemat eh."Really? Wow, this guy is terrible. Seriously, what is he doing in that restaurant? He shouldn't be there. We were their customers but he treated us that way. Something is wrong with that guy. He's a terrible person. That was the worst service I've experienced in my entire life. Anyway, I shouldn't expect a good service from a terrible person like him. About the foods, we ordered sinigang na hipon and I was so disappointed when he served the food. They used bokchoy instead of kangkong. Is it an issue? For me yes it is. The reason why you eat in a Filipino Restaurant and willing to spend a few bucks for the foods because you're craving for a real filipino dishes. If you say real, the ingredients should be from the Philippines. I mean they should use kangkong to make the sinigang special. I'm not saying that all the ingredients should be from the Philippines. But come on, make your foods special. Coz if I know from the start that they will use bokchoy I wouldn't waste my money and time going in that restaurant. I'll just go to Walmart and buy those ingredients and cook for myself. The shrimps, I don't know what to say. I couldn't explain my feelings when I saw those tiny headless shrimps in our sinigang. Why would they serve those kind of shrimps??? Or am I just expecting too much from this restaurant?

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I went here 2 weeks ago with friends to try this place out and I really didn't have any high hopes on this one. the food was fairly good. they offer Filipino dishes and Chinese dishes. My girlfriend didn't like the sisig but overall this restaurant is a 7.2/10.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We go there quite often sometimes is good sometimes is really good sometimes is bad.Overall I would give a average rating .But according to my wife (she is philippina)is a real philippino taste.
Me sometimes I love it sometimes I hate it .I guess is who is in charge in the kitchen .I like my food really hot and sometimes the food is just lukewarm other time is piping hot.The owner has always been really gracious with us always giving us something complementary a dessert or a pastries .It's almost like going home.

1  Thank lechef81