“Authentic and Tasty”

Palabok House
Ranked #1,521 of 2,575 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Sampled the Phillipine Combo Dinners..very pleased with clean presentation. . All dishes were extremely tasty and made fresh..Very appetizing to eye and palate..Reasonably priced ..Prompt friendly and effeciebt service. .Wll be back to try the buffet..

1  Thank Allan S

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

This is probably the oldest Filipino restaurant in Edmonton. Obviously successful to be sold to the second owner and still, obviously successful to close the bar next door to add to their footage.

I am guaranteed to always like what I order. Farthest from where I live, I have tried one dish ordered from 5 other Filipino restaurants closer to my location but they failed by comparison! Hence, it is worth the effort to keep going back, at least even for take-outs and there never was a mistake with the order when I open the package at home. (Don't you get frustrated when you find out your order got messed up?) Also, when they say it is done in 20 minutes, it is true!

Another good point, they accept credit cards unlike 2 other Filipino restaurants in the south side!

2  Thank edmontonmestiza
Reviewed 22 April 2015

The buffet was kept full and fresh with great food. The Beef Calderata was amazing - so tender and flavorful! The bar was a bit understocked because of a party the night before, but it was still a great visit.

1  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed 21 April 2015

we went there twice and never ever will return again unless invited for an occasion.... 1st time with our friends from Calgary, our server was rude it takes 45 minutes for our food to arrive, and the last food to arrive was the fried rice so the main dishes are already warm not hot, our server was interrupting our discussion and correcting our opinions, some said he is part of the management. 2nd time with my wife, went there for lunch buffet and we didn't know that it was over before asking the lady in the dining area which looks like one of the owner perhaps and she said, HANGGANG 2PM LANG KAMI ( we only serve till 2pm ) without even looking at us but we could still see her face, without smiling, she immediately turn her back on us. and considering the name PLABOK HOUSE, we were expecting the best palabok in Edmonton but I was disappointed, the color and taste looks like artificial flavoring was used, I don't know how do they make it but for us the palabok in streets back in our country is way better when it comes to taste and presentation... I will never recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

Servers don't know what is in their food. I ask about a kind of meat and she was like "beef". After 5 mins,went to grab more of the mushroom mixed with beef (my thought ) and she have use a stico and amarker to write pork on it. I don't eat pork lol, but have just had a full bowl. And when I told the same server, she just smiled and walked away. Not even sorry.