“Best for filipino food”

Palabok House
Ranked #1,519 of 2,578 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

If you are craving for filipino food just go here. They're palabok is very delicious plus the crispy pata and pork barbeque. I feel like in the Philippines the day we are eating. The restaurant has a good ambiance and like the filipino culture.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Visited this place for the first time in 15 years and I was pleasantly impressed!

They serve authentic Filipino food, none of this fusion stuff! Not that there's anything wrong with Filipino fusion food but sometimes, one just need to satisfy his/her craving for the pure and unaltered Pinoy food like I did last Friday.

My favourite dish was their Adobo. I cannot eat Adobo in Filipino restaurants as most of them have the overwhelming smell of vinegar but theirs didn't smell like that at all. Trust me, I had to smell and taste the sauce first before ordering it and their Adobo was a big winner in my nose and my taste buds! I know Adobo is supposed to have vinegar and that's why I cannot eat adobo unless I cook it as I use lemon. I asked them for just Pork Adobo as their menu stated "Chicken and Pork Adobo" but they gladly accommodated my request. So kudos on their flexibility just to make one lowly customer like me happy!

Their Palabok was awesome but a little heavy on onion slices in the sauce. Otherwise, it was one of the best Palaboks I have had in restaurants.

Their Beef Sinigang was amazing and the Crispy Pata was pretty good too.

During lunch hours, they serve buffet for less than $13.00. However, most of the items are more of Chinese cuisine but you will find the staple Adobo and Filipino-style Fried Chicken and Pancit Bihon included among the plentiful selections.

All in all, it was a pleasant dining experience and I would highly recommend this place if you want to experience authentic Filipino cuisine.

10  Thank yycflip
Reviewed 21 October 2015

This restaurant serves great food from the Philippines. We have visited this place for years and especially their buffet is a great introduction for a good price. There are at least about 15 choices for you to try out at the buffet and it gives you a good idea what the Philipinne food is all about. We love the pancit bihon, the pork adobo, crispy chicken, wonton soup, the ginger beef, eggrolls and many more of their dishes. Lobe the ambience although the tv close to the washroom area if you sit there is sometimes a bit loud and should be turned down a bit, although this problem is not always there depending on the program that is on tv.

2  Thank HankT
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Sampled the Phillipine Combo Dinners..very pleased with clean presentation. . All dishes were extremely tasty and made fresh..Very appetizing to eye and palate..Reasonably priced ..Prompt friendly and effeciebt service. .Wll be back to try the buffet..

1  Thank Allan S
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

This is probably the oldest Filipino restaurant in Edmonton. Obviously successful to be sold to the second owner and still, obviously successful to close the bar next door to add to their footage.

I am guaranteed to always like what I order. Farthest from where I live, I have tried one dish ordered from 5 other Filipino restaurants closer to my location but they failed by comparison! Hence, it is worth the effort to keep going back, at least even for take-outs and there never was a mistake with the order when I open the package at home. (Don't you get frustrated when you find out your order got messed up?) Also, when they say it is done in 20 minutes, it is true!

Another good point, they accept credit cards unlike 2 other Filipino restaurants in the south side!

2  Thank edmontonmestiza