“Really GREAT Dim Sum experience!”
Review of Cha for Tea Palace

Cha for Tea Palace
Ranked #251 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The food in this restaurant is absolutely fresh and delicious! They have a large dim sum menu to choose from all day on Sundays. The service is excellent; they bring trolleys of food to your table and you select what you want or you can see a menu and order through a server. One of their best dishes is peaches and shrimp; I've never seen it at any other Chinese or Asian restaurant. It is a scrumptious dish of fried shrimp and sliced peaches in a cream sauce service over dried riced noodles. If you are even as close as 50 km away, you will find it well worth the drive to try this place.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

This is the only place to go for Dim Sum, Staff are just awesome & treat you like family. Food has never ever been bad & very clean.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We are from a smaller city but we love to try different cities' dim sum. The portions and prices were larger than we have in our city. We almost paid 2x as much as we would have paid at our favorite dim sum spot and our spot has cart service. This place has a visual menu which I thought was great for those who are trying it for the first time. We ordered 10 items and we were full when we reached our 5th item. They were all tasty so no complaints about the food. The server was good but nothing amazing. Would recommend.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Started off our summer break with dimsum at Cha. We got there early, just as the doors opened. Mary the owner invited us for a behind the scenes tour of the kitchen as we waited for our food to be freshly prepared. Chinese restaurants can have a bad reputation for cleanliness, but this one was a clean and busy hive of activity. All the food prep stations were neat and clean and the smells of food fresh and inviting. Our food when it came was hot fresh and delicious. This is one of my family's favorite places to go and we'll be back time and again.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

My cousin's wedding reception dinner was held here. I think the restaurant did a fantastic job. Most of the courses were well prepared, the only course that I thought that wasn't great was a noodle dish. The servers and bartenders were attentive. I'd return to this restaurant when I'm in Edmonton.