“Great lunch with friends”

El Rancho El Salvadorian &Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #489 of 2,620 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a friend and it was truly a great lunch. she had the Papusas and I had the beef tacos. Everything was flavourful and very reasonably priced. Service is slow like others have commented, but if you are with good company it doesn't matter. I will definitely return and bring more friends to enjoy the great food.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

I went here with a few colleagues tonight and loved it. Everything was very fresh and the service was great. Drink selection was somewhat poor but not enough to mark them down as the food was so good.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Myself, my husband and another couple went there on a Friday for supper. The food was amazing. We had Fried Steak, Sausage & Wing meal, Quesada, Burrito and we all really enjoyed our meals. Also at 7PM they have a guy come in to play the guitar and sing which is real nice too. WE WILL BE GOING BACK AGAIN REAL SOON!!

Reviewed 8 March 2016

They have some scrumptious pupusas and El Salvadoran enchiladas! My family and I never leave this restaurant hungry. Try an horchata too, it's such a refreshing drink.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

A large group of us went for my birthday. I made reservations and we had a great time up to the end when we were over charged. The mariachi band was so great, food was good, service poor but it looked like the one guy despite the large reservation made ahead of time looked like he was on his own... so poor planning. He also refused to issue bills so very bad business. We wanted separate bills but was refused, I know these people well and everyone tends to over pay and not under. Everyone paid for their meal with payment form mine and a very good tip. The bill was mainly main courses as we do not drink very much so it was not hard to calculate. We were charged over 20 dollars extra. Person charging us extra was also the waiter and stated he was the manager too??? I left over 4 messages for the owner to contact me and this never happened. Their was no error on our part. It left a bad taste in our mouth; however thankful the Carrot Cafe made up for it.