“Smoked meat heaven! ”

Memphis Blues BBQ House
Ranked #61 of 210 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This place is sooo good! Been many times and lots had takeout several times too. Always bring visiting from out of town family and friends here to show it off! The smoked meats are all very good! The brisket is my favorite! We usually get the platters to share for a taste of everything since it's so hard to decide on just one dish!

1  Thank fly0nthewall

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My boyfriend and I went on my birthday, with friends, because a friend happened to be playing live music here. It is a very interesting little place, lots of stuff on the walls. They even had ice cold Diet Coke in the little old fashioned glass bottles. We only stayed for drinks and the music because we had already eaten dinner. Looking forward to coming back to try the food because it smelled delicious!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Stopped in for a quick lunch, lots of blues memorabilia on the walls, it was 11:45ish & I was the only patron, tried the Catfish Sandwich (Po'Boy) whoever prepared it left it in the grease a little too long edges were a tad overdone, portion was good fries were tasting but they were minimal & done before the the fish, manager was quiet but mentioned the sauces were coming out shortly, the girl placed them on every other table before mine, thought that was odd, bun was dry & fell apart...hopefully they improve as we need additional choices in GP, personally I feel location although close to McDs for traffic, doesn't feel right, sign on building is small, bathroom is a single setup so if they do get busier, they will need more room...I'll give it another try down the road menu looked inviting...

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I dropped by for the first time with my two kids ages 11 and 12 for a couple appys mid afternoon. The service simply sucked. I paid $90 and that included nachos, calamari and one brisket meal and drinks. My one son who eats absolutely anything only liked the brisket. My other son put ketchup on his calamari which he has not done before and i had the side caesar salad which had WAY to much dressing and was gross. I would never go back again as there was 0 value for the money. I would have been better going to McDonalds. Very disappointing. Oh and they had an Oilers Jersey giveaway and in order to enter your name you had to like them on facebook which is definietly not happening. I could not believe you could not enter just from going there and spending $.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

First visit to this restaurant. Walked in waited and then was asked by a server behind the till if it was our first visit. We said yes and then she told us to sit where we wanted to. Wasn't many tables available as there was a large part celebrating a birthday.

We looked at our menus which were on the table. We waited to have someone come and take our order. We then thought we had to order at the till no one told us this.

I asked the same girl who had told us to sit anywhere if we were to order at the till she said yes I told her it would have been nice to know that I wasn't happy and it didn't seem to phase her at all. A man I presume who was the manager said yes we had to order at the till awesome great maybe tell people when they come in might be a good idea just a thought.

I ordered the 1/2 chicken I had the option between potato salad and fries. I decided on the potato salad. There was also other sides beans, coleslaw and barbecue sauce were also on the plate. Cute presentation but not sure why all the sides were in plastic containers could easily be on the plate without the containers.

My chicken was bland, dry and barley any meat. The sides were fine the beans were the best out of all the sides.

My son ordered the dry rub chicken wings. His order was not served at the same time as mine. The staff came and apologized but it was a good 5 mins or so before his wings came due to a mixup in the kitchen and the restaurant wasn't super busy.

I won't be going back I make better food at home.

2  Thank Searching4realfood