All reviews two nights toaster hosts apartment bathroom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed here 2 nights. Comfortable and clean. Shared the washroom and living areas with another couple. Very close to town. Linens and decor a bit dated but very clean and everything we needed was provided. Picked this over the hostel because with taxi fares to the hostel it would have been about the same price. Friendly hosts helped with transport and made good recommendations for activities and dining options in town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ditaoz
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Fortunately, we stayed there only one night.
We didn't know that the room was in the basement.. It was quite dark, really old style furnished and really small.
We really didn't feel good in that place... For the same price, there are many other nice places to stay in Japser.
At least, it was clean and the owners were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

This was a very reasonable, quiet, comfortable accommodation option while travelling with 2 children. The owners are very friendly and helpful and their basement apartment was a cost effective, comfortable space while travelling with 2 children. We stumbled across this gem on the internet when suites in much more expensive but basic hotels in the area were unavailable. It has a private entrance, 2 separate bedrooms (one with twin beds for the kids) plus extra convertible beds in the livingroom. Although dated, it was clean and provided everything we needed for storing food, and preparing our own breakfast and picnic lunches. The centre of Jasper is a short drive away and has a variety of restaurants for other meals. I would just suggest improving the lighting. This felt a little like home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank banb
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Jasper only has a few hotels, and they're expensive -- but it does have a lot of "accommodations", which are essentially rooms for rent in people's homes. Some are more like a B&B, but Roony's is a bit more basic. For $75 you get a bedroom in a basement, complete with a comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, and tv.

My room (the Canada Room) was clean and comfortable. The only drawback was that it was a basement room -- so I was underground, and the only window looked out onto the underside of the porch, used by the upstairs tenants. The room was, however, as nice as a basement could possibly be.

It was also a bit inconvenient to have to share a bathroom with the other people in the other rooms. It took me a while to get into the habit of locking my bedroom, taking the keys to the bathroom, etc., as well as remembering to bring clothes, towels, and other toiletries across the hall with me every time. There were cleaning supplies in the bathroom, so I could spray down the fixtures before use.

Internet access was hit- and- miss. I did appreciate the coupons to a nearby restaurant, as well as the whitewater rafting tour, which was fun for a beginner!

A hotel room probably would have cost me $125 a night or more. Two nights at Roony's easily saved me $100, so the little inconveniences were well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank edisoncarter23
Reviewed 11 July 2008

I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and was a bit skeptical, however, Dealing with Mona on the phone and booking the room made me feel more confident in booking at a b&b. The suite was beautiful, tv, mini bar fridge, toaster, microwave and sitting area were a great convinience and saved a lot of money on meals in! The rooms themselves were clean, well kept and comfortable beds!!!!!! the pillows felt like new as did the mattresses and there was a general "clean feeling about the place" When we checked in we were given discounts to a local restaurant ( 10%) as well as the Gift shop which is also owned by the b&B.
Their gift shop is incredible with items ranging from postcards, to amber jewellery to womens clothing and more.. it was truly a treat to look through the items and select a few treasures to bring home.

DEFINATLEY I would reccomend this place to ANYONE planning a trip to jasper, the family is wonderful, the service is friendly and the whole experience was phenominal.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank kpath