All reviews wave pool life guards family suite attached restaurant hot tub on site restaurant stayed for two nights great pool separate room excellent place to stay we've stayed would stay here again tubes slides smittys couch conference
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Stayed for a weekend, amenities in room were pretty non-existant. Room decor is very bland, beds were terrible. Had 2 queen beds, both extremely soft and worn. Sheets were balled and rough. No glasses in room, only two tiny plastic ones for a double queen room. Only 2 coffees in room and when we went downstairs at 9am to get coffee from lobby, it was empty! Kleenex was empty and only a half a roll of toilet paper in room. Spent more time asking front desk for supplies, then had to wait in room for for an hour to have them delivered. No continental breakfast.
Pool and waterslides were a total disappointment! Slides might be great for little kids but as an adult, the water pressure was so slow, you had to push yourself through the tube! Wave pool is pretty lame as well. not much of a wave. They close the waterslides when the wave pool starts so every kid is now jammed in the pool with their floats. Hot tub is large and would of been nice had it actually worked! Could not image the noise in the pool area if there was a birthday party going on. Hotel room was clean however the hallways and elevator had grime along the edges that obviously has been building up offer the past months!
Dont waste your money! The cheaper Comfort Inn across the street is a much better choice!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank corcarb
Damien C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for the feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide valuable details on your stay with us.
We apologize for the issues experienced and have shared the details with the team.

In regards the hot tub unfortunately we had a mechanical issue and it was resolved in a number of days.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stayed here last week. The staff was supper friendly and helpful. The room (we had a 2 room suite) was big enough for us all. 3 adults and 2 kids. Loved how they had soft and firm pillow choices. The pool was ok. The toddler area was under construction tape and the waves were closed the first night. I believe the staff just didn't want to turn it on (Sunday night). The second day (Monday) the slides, waves, pool and hottub were open and the kids had a great time. The slides don't open until after 5pm on weekdays so if you are thinking of sliding before then think again. They have a great option to decline housekeeping to save the environment which we loved. Mr. Mikes was awful and don't upgrade to get the meals. The first night we go for supper and they didn't have menus for the kids. I pull it up on the phone and my daughter goes to order the kids steak and they tell us that they no longer have that option on the menu as they don't sell steak. We assumed ok kids steak taken off menu. Service was extremely slow and our waitress had a lot of tables to manage. It was nice to be able to play games while we ate (I believe they sat us in the lounge overflow after we ate there a couple more times). The next morning we went for breakfast and I showed him the vouchers and asked what on the menu was valid for them. He stated everything except the sides. He even pointed to the steak and eggs when speaking. He takes peoples orders and gets to me and I order the steak and eggs as they were the best option for my diet. He then states oh sorry we don't have steak on the menu anymore. I looked at him dumbfounded and my son pipes up "YOU'RE A STEAKHOUSE WITHOUT STEAK?" He responds yes sorry and chuckles. I asked so if I was paying out of pocket is there steak he responds "NO". I was confused. So I ordered an omelette and left it at that. There was hardly anyone there but our food took forever. Once we got it my mom went to eat her poached eggs and there was a HUGE egg shell in it. I am not talking a little piece hardly seen I am talking like a whole top of an egg piece. He apologized and they made her another one. We were all done eating and they finally brought it out to her. He brought us the bill for the sides and we left. We weren't going to spend our money there for supper again so we ate elsewhere but still had vouchers for the next morning. So we tried it again thinking it has to get better right? NOPE! Same waiter, same table more problems. This time they had no white bread, burned the bacon then ran out of bacon, forgot the cheese on my omlette and slower service! For us spending extra money to get the benefits of a place we LOVE in SASKATOON I was extremely disappointed and they didn't seem to care. It seemed like a standard level of service. DO NOT EAT IN LETHBRIDGE'S MR. MIKES. I am guessing it won't last long if this is how it is! Also they have a huge amount of taxes and surcharges they tack on. It was almost $50 extra when we checked out so plan for that. The one wall by housekeeping had wrinkled wallpaper (assuming from all the steam of laundry) so they should think about replacing to a better option for it to look better. So if it wasn't for Mr. Mike's it would have been a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Get outside view if you don't want pool noise. We had suite with not a great view but was super quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Damien C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thanks Annalee for the detailed feedback.

We do apologize for the restaurant experience and have shared the details with them to review.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night on Airmiles. Would have been disappointed if had paid full price. Room was nice and large and had a fridge, microwave and two area bathroom. We had an outside room so no issue with pool or restaurant noise. Had to return to the desk twice as our keys were programmed incorrectly. He water park was a dud. The kid’s area was closed. The hot tub was out of order. There were no visible towels. Didn’t see any waves in the wave pool. Pool area was dark and loud. Breakfast not included.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Damien C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for the feedback.

we appreciate your comments and apologize for the sub par experience in the water park. It seems we did not have much luck and 2 mechanical failures the same day. We appreciate this is not your concern but be assured we are addressing the issues.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I stayed here while traveling back from a conference. The room was comfortable but could use a bit of a renovation. Wireless internet was free and had good strength and speed. The pool and hot tub were a nice way to relax after a day of traveling. The area is actually a waterpark with free access for hotel guests. I used my Airmiles to book the room, but usual price is somewhat expensive at $160/night. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Damien C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for the feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to rate your stay with us and provide comments.
We are pleased to read the stay overall was a positive one and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Booked this hotel for the kids to have fun on the waterslides (plural) and was not disappointed. Many kids in the pool and they were all having a riot.

The hotel itself is showing its age and is dated. There is nothing terribly wrong, it just looks and feels dated and needs renovation.

There is no breakfast buffet here. There is a restaurant attached but obviously is not free.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Damien C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you Rob for the feedback.

We do appreciate you taking the time to rate your stay with us and provide comments.

We are happy to read you enjoyed the stay overall and are presently working on the building overall appearance.

Regards.