Coast Chilliwack Hotel(Chilliwack)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$140
US$113
US$110
SureStay Hotel By Best Western Chilliwack(Chilliwack)(Great Value!)
US$79
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Riverview B&B(Chilliwack)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanwhite sheetscultus lakecoffee potjolly millerbusy roadupstairs roomwould stay againheritage centredog showqueen bedrestaurants and shoppingflat screen tvstayed one nightfront desk staffyogurtmotel
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Very nice Inn stayed several days for a wedding I attended. The town is very nice too close to rivers and parks lots of good places to eat liquor store across the street. All my sisters stayed their and found it very nice as well.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I booked this lodge online, and after arriving, decided to stay a second night. The Vedder River Inn provides a spacious room, comfortable bed, and all the basic amenities in a clean setting at a very affordable price. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location is along a busy street, so the traffic can be noisy at times, and challenging to pull out to the street. Restaurants and shopping are close by. I’m glad I chose Chilliwack for a short visit, and I give a thumbs up to the Vedder River Inn!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Stayed there recently. On arrival to check-in (8 PM) the reception door was locked. Sign said back "within 15 minutes"... so there we stood, waiting. After a while a woman finally arrived to open the door and let us in (Strike 1)

The same woman then went around behind the check-in counter. We advised we had booked online and had pre-paid. The check-in woman demanded we provide both a credit card and photo ID, which she proceeded to scan, and then print. My FULL credit card scan & number was now visible on a printed invoice. Was told to pay a $200 hold charge and handed a payment machine.

When I asked why it was necessary when they already had a copy of n=my credit card and drivers license, I was told "company policy".
When I expressed displeasure and asked about options, we were told we could put down a $500 CASH deposit if we wanted to stay.. even though I had pre-paid! (Strike 2). Cancelling was not an option as they would not refund my money, so I was forced to agree to the hold charge.

I then asked to speak to a manager and was told he would call me. He never did (Strike 3)

Had to take photos of existing room damage as I was concerned I would be held responsible. Copies attached to this review.

Next EVENING I checked my card and the clerk had charge $200 twice ($400 total). I called my credit card company and they confirmed that two $200 = $400 charge was held pending. (Strike 4)

It was evident this class act clerk double charge on my card because we had challenged the first charge. Went back the next day but no explanation or apology. I again asked that the manager call me (as he never seem to be on the property). He never did.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canada J
SamJ_VRI, Guest Relations Manager at Vedder River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hi J,

Thanks for staying with us. And thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was fun to read and here's the response:

Our Manager called your number twice and left messages - no response from you so far.

When our front desk (FD) staff are doing their duties such as ground checks and/or helping a customer, our policy is to hang up a sign which includes a full explanation and indicates they will return within 15 minutes. You were also verbally informed the reason for the wait when the FD agent returned. I understand it can be frustrating to be asked to wait after a long and tiring drive and it is very understandable that people like to voice their frustrations - please understand that we need to take care of all our guests. We appreciated your patience on this one - Thank you.

We have a company policy to obtain a credit card imprint on the sign in sheet as well as a $200 damage deposit preauthorization. If one is paying by debit or by cash, then the damage deposit is $500. This policy is designed to prevent irresponsible or excited guests from causing damage to the room or hotel property. It is also acts as a gentle reminder to our guests to not smoke in the room and instead use the wonderful gazebo set up especially for guests who wish to smoke.

The damage deposit policies are listed on the online booking sites and we also notify the guests upon their checkin as well.

We confirm herewith that only one preauthorization of $200 was done and a completion of $0 was done to release the preauthorization.

If you had advised the FD immediately about the damage to the bed, they would have moved you to another room straightaway.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers

Sam

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Shahz booked us in and was very accommodating. This is a family owned hotel and our room was very clean. The closet is tiny... enough for 2 winter coats. If you are staying a while and want to hang your clothes it will be a squeeze.

Room Tip: We only heard sounds when people were calling to each other outside. Grab a free coffee from the lobby when you drop off the key.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Grammasue

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. We can provide a mobile wardrobe next time you are here. Just let us know in advance.
Cheers
Sam

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I was pleasantly surprised with this place! Was it anything fancy? No, definitely not. But, it was very inexpensive, clean and had everything I needed for a simple stay. The front desk staff were also very helpful and accommodating. I will certainly use this place again for future stays.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
SamJ_VRI, Guest Relations Manager at Vedder River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy when our guests are happy. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Chilliwack. Cheers