Lowest prices for your stay
US$101
US$101
Trip.com
US$119
US$93
Hotels.comUS$101
PricelineUS$101
HurbUS$119
All reviews cottonwood mall rooms are clean would stay here again flat screen tv easy access highway earls vancouver furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2020

Ah, the Comfort Inn! It had been a solid 11 years since I last stayed here with the family. I’m glad to see, in the intervening decade, that they’ve at least updated the hotel’s exterior and main lobby area, as well as refreshed most furnishings in the rooms; though, despite this modest update, the hotel remains average at best. Don’t get me wrong – there are definitely some pretty strong upsides to staying here – but when compared to other modern hotels, there isn’t a whole lot that helps this Comfort Inn stand out. Now, let’s unpack and unravel these thoughts:

Perhaps the biggest benefit to staying at this Comfort Inn is its location. Situated just off TC-1 on Luckakuck Way, the hotel is ideally located near a number of attractions, sundry stores and restaurants. Off the top of my head, you’ll have easy access to Cottonwood 4 Cinema, Cottonwood Mall and Chilliwack Mall. Additionally, you’ll be but a few minutes’ drive from other noteworthy sites such as the ever-popular Elements Casino, bustling Cultas Lake, historic downtown Chilliwack, the quirky Corn Maze and the Blue Heron Nature Reserve. Bridal Veil Falls Provincial Park is also a mere 15 or so minutes away (it’s just such a shame that Dinotown no longer exists). In terms of sundry stores, Safeway and London Drugs are a proverbial “hop, skip and a jump” from the hotel. Finally, because the Comfort Inn is situated along Luckakuck Way (AKA “Hamburger Way”), you’ll have access to any number of eateries, including: Boston Pizza, KFC, McDonald’s, Ricky’s, White Spot, Ginkgo, Earls, Mr Mike’s, Mandarin Garden, Hana Sushi, and the various eateries in Cottonwood Mall. If you don’t mind driving a few minutes, then there’s even more wonderful eats to be had. Then, when you’re ready to hit the road again, the TC-1 is literally right there. Thus, the Comfort Inn’s location is more than ideal.

In terms of services and facilities offered by this Comfort Inn, I’d say everything is pretty standard. You are privy to ample free parking and a very light continental breakfast of muffins and coffee is served in the mornings (the buffet is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic). Service can be hit and miss, however. When we were checking in, the young lady at the front desk was very chatty with the patron just in front of me. After he left, she just kind of sat there awkwardly for a moment and then moved seats to sit in front of a computer. Even after I greeted her, I was ignored. I apparently had to make explicit that I was “looking to book two rooms for the night” in order to be acknowledged. I don’t know, maybe the disposable face mask made me invisible? The following day, checkout was a breeze, however, on account of there being someone else at the front desk – much friendlier and engaging.

The rooms at this Comfort Inn are fairly basic, but you should know that going in. If you want something upscale, go to a like-minded brand. Choice Hotels and Comfort Inn are known for their “functional” rooms and that’s exactly what you get here. The rooms are clean, a little cramped, but do contain many of the amenities we’ve come to expect in a modern hotel, including: Free Wifi, air conditioning, microwave, mini refrigerator, work desk, charging ports, flat screen TV, and an abundance of towels. The beds, though, seem to be the same ones that were present over 10 years ago – they are rather stiff and uncomfortable. I think if the Comfort Inn repainted some of the rooms and made them brighter, they’d feel a lot more inviting. Right now, they remain various shades of unattractive brown.

When it comes to value for money, I again rate the Comfort Inn as average. Right now, the rooms average around $130 per night, which really isn’t that great considering the overall quality of the establishment. In short, I think this place is fine for a short stay if one is on the road, but I wouldn’t necessarily go out of my way.

All of this notwithstanding, I was still kind of pleased we stayed here. I had joked that this road trip was much more authentic than last year’s because a couple in our party were fairly grumpy throughout. Staying at the Comfort Inn further legitimized this authenticity because it exactly reflected our past road trips of yesteryear; that is to say, we stayed here despite the fact that we had offers from family to stay at their residences for free . . . how’s that for a stroll down memory lane?

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 25 June 2020

The location of Comfort Inn is quite good, considering we need to get on the highway to reach our final Vancouver destination. Besides the highway access, a couple of minutes of a drive and you can find essential stores - groceries, fast food chains, malls, restaurants, and pharmacies.

The hotel also shows the COVID-19 measures in place - hand sanitizer at the entrance and signage to remind everybody of social distancing. The processing time at the reception takes a while if you are walking in to get a room - so it might help to reserve rooms in advance.

The reception area and exterior front seem to have a good renovation done to look more modern. There is the ice machine and free hot and cold drinks placed there for customers.

The room we got has two beds. The room was decent in size - good for a maximum of four but it would be a crowded place to stay - maybe three-person is more bearable. There has been some upgrades done - furnishings in particular is good for a bit of stay in the hotel (given the pandemic, most travelers just stay in).

The bathroom is clean and decent, with lots of towels and supplies and extra set of towels under the sink.

For the service, they might want to check their front office staff. When we came in, we had to grab their attention to get service even after looking at us -they decided to just type away in front of the computer. This was in the mornig-afternoon shift. The cleaning staff however were more personable and very accommodating when we had to ask them for questions or requests.

There is a single person service gate in both border gates of the hotel grounds leading up to Cottonwood Mall and the other to McDonalds.

We would stay here again out of convenience but we do hope we get a far more welcoming front office staff.

Room tip: Get ground floor rooms at the back so the sliding door gives access to the parking lot at the back
Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 26 March 2020

There is a bus load is CN workers that show up whenever, outside the front door. As if the bus noise is not enough all these men are loud. Then there are the police trying to get an unruly guest in a cap between 3 and 4 a.m. All this right outside our room. Grr. I had booked for 3 nights and asked to check out one day early, I was told I could not have my money back and that they could give me another room at the back of the hotel! Great now I have a major highway right outside the room! DO NOT stay here!

Room tip: Don’t stay here
Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank riytwae
Reviewed 13 February 2020

We were somewhat apprehensive to book this hotel after reading some negative reviews, but were pleasantly surprised. The facility was clean, well kept and staff was extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful. They also had cookies on our arrival!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

I have stayed twice for one night during the Ride To Conquer Cancer cycling event in late August 2018 and 2019.

It is a basic hotel, nothing special to recommend a stay there.

The purpose of this review is to point out that this particular hotel, although part of a chain, is more interested in its own greed than supporting cyclists who spend two days cycling over 200 km to raise funds for cancer research. Those of us who are on the older side prefer a soft bed, a breakfast and a simple convenience of reserving a space.

While I can accept paying a higher price during high season, jacking the price up for this weekend and requiring a two night stay is just plain wrong knowing that riders will not need a two night stay. Also, I had tried to reserve a year in advance and told that would not take a reservation until the New Year, even though I had done this before. No mention of the two night stay requirement.

I will respect this attitude by submitting this review and cancelling any future business with both this hotel and the Choice Hotel brand.

I urge any other riders with the Ride to Conquer Cancer to voice their own opinion.

Date of stay: January 2020