All reviews sauna and steam room hotel is pet friendly local pool heating system king size bed public hot spring pool pool pass bar fridge light sleeper short stay top floor long weekend lake
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at this hotel over a long weekend. Located one block from the lake, it was easy to get to, and there was underground parking at a cost of $10 a day, or several other places to park close by. Our room was on the top floor, looking towards the lake. Well there was views of the lake, I wouldn’t say that that is the biggest reason to have a lake view room. The street is quite busy, with a fair amount of traffic. So it can be noisy.All in all the room was just fine. King size bed, lots of pillows. Very comfortable. There was a bar fridge, a coffee maker, and a microwave. However you could only plug in the microwave or the coffee maker, you couldn’t do both at the same time. And our fridge was a little noisy. The bathroom was a good size, clean and lots of towels. However, some of those nice touches were missing, for example we had conditioner, but no shampoo. There were two bars of soap, bright green in the shape of all Mapleleaf! And there was a hair dryer although it was a bit of a struggle to get it working. The Decour in the bedroom was a littleTired. The whole hotel is in need of some TLC. Don’t get me wrong it was a very comfortable stay, it just needs a little paint, a little paper. There is a gift shop beside the hotel, full of lovely things. There was also a restaurant connected with the hotel, so it was very convenient.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018

What a lovely Beach Resort
My wife and I have visited Harrison Hot-Pprings many times over the years, as we enjoy this lovely resort on the lake a great deal. But it was our first visit time we stayed at the Harrison Beach Resort Hotel. What a lovely place, friendly and very nice and quiet, even though it is right on in front of the Lake. We chose a room with Lakeview and enjoyed the room as well as the view very much. The room had a nice kitchen counter, all very nice. Adjacent is the bedroom with TV. All in all, what a great place. The friendly staff took care of all our need. Indeed, we enjoyed our short vacation very much so, and plan to return in the near future again. Thank you.

Room Tip: we chose Lake-view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Worst hotel that I almost stayed in. The first room that I had booked , had mold around bathtub, a 2 foot by 3 foot piece of raw drywall screwed to the ceiling held up by 20 or so screws ,water damage to the walls. We went down to complain and we were "upgraded" to a room on the 4th floor... well the ceiling was leaking in the bathroom, and dripping water all over the sink area. We got our money refunded and managed to get a room at another hotel. PS. the hot tub is still out of order, but based on the condition of the rooms I would have been afraid to get in it anyway. STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: don't book here
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christoferkamloops
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The staff here is courteous. That’s the one positive I can list.

Of course, you get what you pay for. But I’m talking about some basic things. There was a night light in the middle of the ceiling right on top of the bed, which you couldn’t turn off. I’ve never experienced this anywhere else. You realize it when you’ve already retired. I got up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep. Tried calling front desk at 0330 AM to see if they had any suggestions. Someone picked the phone and would not speak (maybe they were asleep). Then they hung up and would not pick again. I got up and vacated the room at 0400. Did the two hour drive back home to sleep!

The bedding was cheap and flimsy. Hallways smelled damp. Overall, a rundown place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank haroonr
Reviewed 26 February 2018

My wife and I booked here on saturday the 24th. After 30 mins in our room we realized there was no heat. Cold air only. We called the front desk multiple times with no answer. Finally decided to go back to the front desk and explained our issue and we were given a tiny space heater which did nothing to heat our room. We then went back down to the front desk and were given another room. The next room also had no heat. Again we were back at the front desk where we given another room. This time a honey moon suite. Again no heat. Not worth spending our evening freezing no matter what sort of room we were given. At this time I booked a motel down the road and left. I understand things break and have issues. But not once did an employee admit or tell us they were having heat issues. Just gave us the run around for over an hour. No respect for bad service. I will never go back here. This company does not deserve my business.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple