Hotels.com
Priceline
Official Hotel
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2021

Upon arrival staff were great, very accommodating. Our room was comfortable with a full kitchen. We enjoyed our continental breakfast, and sitting in the beautiful courtyard. This hotel is walking distance to the beach and has a great restaurant. The hotel is up to standards as advertised online. We plan on visiting soon again with our family.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dzan Nguyen, Owner at Harrison Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Thank you for your review - we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2021

I booked from groupon, I realize the price I was paying was a lower price than other hotels in the area but expected it at least to be acceptable. I had booked a courtyard view, but up entering room, realized we were given a room on the back street instead. Upon contacting desk was told I was given an "upgrade" to this room as it was bigger, which I don't buy how a street view is an upgrade to a courtyard view. Upon entering the room, light switches didn't work, those that did, lights flickered, TV did not work and the heating system for the room was a space heater on the desk. Even though the room showed its age, I would expect during covid for it to at least be clean, but No! The microwave had smeared prints on it, the guest book was just loose pages with food and coffee all over it, lead me to believe I could not trust anything about the room. My daughters and I checked out a few hours later. The front desk attendant (who came to fix our TV) didn't even inquire as to why we were leaving, I guess they were just happy to get our money. I was too upset to ask for a refund at the time, as it initially ruined our night away. We ended up booking somewhere else to salvage our trip.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 19 February 2021

My partner and I arrived late on a friday night after having a horrible day trying to rent a car after our first car cancelled on us that morning. When we arrived we got upgraded to a lake view room with two queen beds. The staff were friendly and helpful for our whole stay.

After leaving I realized I left my jacket in my hotel room. I called up the front desk and they were able to post it to me that day, it was an expensive jacket so I was extremely grateful.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Harrison, look no further

Date of stay: February 2021

Thanks for your review - happy we could help!

Reviewed 21 January 2021

I had no expectations about the Harrison Lake Hotel. Normally, I would research a little more before booking accommodation but a friend of mine, who knows the area and the hotels in the vicinity well, made the decision to stay here. I ended up extending my stay because I was pleased with my experience.

The hotel is walking distance to the stunning Harrison Lake. Lovely boutiques and restaurants are a stroll away so you will not need to drive. If you decide to get a room with kitchen facilities, I would recommend getting your groceries in Agassiz before you arrive (cheaper and more options). Tip: bring your own dish soap!

Typically, I do not sleep well outside of my own home. This is because I have a severe dust allergy and my symptoms will flare up instantaneously with the slightest sprinkling of dust or pet dander. So, I usually bring my own air filters or request that the hotel start filtering the room before I even arrive. Dust havens such as hotel carpet, curtains, mattresses, and heat/AC vents are often a source of mild pre-arrival hotel anxiety for me, but I was pleased with the level of cleanliness of my room. In fact, I was relieved that I was able to sleep. I felt comfortable and at peace here. ( * Some rooms are pet friendly here by the way )

Overall, the staff are welcoming and helpful. Given that it is a pandemic, staff numbers are lower than usual, so some requests are not fulfilled promptly. This is understandable, so know if you decide to come here you might need to practice a little patience. Should you need to discuss any concerns or just to say hello, the manager is kind, approachable and professional.

Water pressure in the shower is excellent but in the early morning it takes a little time for the hot water to arrive.
The price point is reasonable for the area. Hotel is dated, aging and showing signs of wear. I look past these features if I can sleep well and have serenity. There's a courtyard with a lovely fountain too.

If you are expecting an experience of a 5-star luxury accommodation while paying middle of the road rates, your review will be different than mine.

I would highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: November 2020
Dzan Nguyen, Owner at Harrison Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review! We will share your feedback with our management team.

Reviewed 13 January 2021

Excellent customer service at front desk, beautiful courtyard and lobby. Need to improve maintenance of the hotel, as hotel is bit older. Just half a block away from lake. Hot breakfast at courtyard cafe was amazing.

Date of stay: January 2021
Dzan Nguyen, Owner at Harrison Lake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Thank you for sharing a review - we hope to see you again soon!